Love is in the air, folks! Valentine’s Day is just around the corner, and we’re already spying boxes of chocolate and conversation hearts at the drug store. But in terms of gifts for our loved ones and sweeties, there’s no better way to shop than from local, small makers.
Sometimes the best way to say “I love you” is with something unique and handmade. Small makers put their heart into their craft and products… and it shows! We’ve teamed up with American Express and we at B+C have chosen some of our favorite V-Day picks from 5 small artisans. Get ready to Shop Small® and spread the love.
1. Bacon Six Ways by Broquet ($59): Does your guy love bacon? Treat him to the ultimate bacon gift basket! You’ll leave him “bacon” for more.
2. Essential Grill Set by Broquet ($59): Guys can be a bit tricky to buy for on Valentine’s Day. (Pink and red? Not everyone’s favorite color combo.) Well, have no fear, friends! We ran a poll in our office and the dudes definitely loved this grill set. Gift this to your guy and watch things heat up ;) (Ahem… the grill.)
3. Salted Crunchy Caramels by Kika’s Treats ($5): Skip the drug store chocolate box and indulge in some salted crunchy caramels. Because what’s Valentine’s Day without chocolate?
4. Salted Nutty Caramels Gift Box by Kika’s Treats ($18): Don’t stop at just one box of chocolate caramels! Kika’s Treats wants to hook you up with peanut caramels, salted crunchy caramels and nutty caramels. Bring. It. On.
5. Love Soy Candle by Greenmarket Purveying Co. ($25): Love is in the air! No really… can’t you smell it? ;)
6. Jazz Brunch Candle by Greenmarket Purveying Co. ($22): Looking for a Valentine’s Day date idea? Check out a jazz brunch. Wonder what a jazz brunch smells like? Check out this candle.
7. Bourbon Bacon Caramel Corn by Liddabit Sweets ($12): This bourbon bacon popcorn boasts that it is a “mélange of awesome.” Well, no arguments from us! Treat your sweetie with this sweet treat.
8. Fig-Ricotta Boxed Caramels by Liddabit Sweets ($8): These caramels are loaded with bits of fig and will definitely satisfy that sweet tooth. Can you say YUM?
9. Wooden Wick Soy Candle by Type Lites ($32): Candles can definitely set the mood for a romantic dinner for two this Valentine’s Day.
10. Seaglass Wooden Wick Soy Candle by Type Lites ($40): Okay, one last candle! Bonus: This product serves TWO purposes. Light the candle and let it burn. When your candle has disappeared, you have your very own expletive jar! This will be a good bit of fun for couples with not-so-clean mouths.
What do you plan on buying your valentine on February 14th? Let us know in the comments below.
This post is in partnership with American Express – committed to connecting small merchants to more customers through the Shop Small® movement.