20 Nothing-Short-of-Awesome Shortbread Recipes
In baking terms, shortbread is as simple as one, two, three. One part sugar, two parts butter and three parts flour. But when it comes to making our own, we can’t help but change it up. Shortbread is a perfect base for flavor combinations galore, and we want to try them all! Pair any of these with your favorite cup of tea and you’ve got yourself one lovely afternoon treat.
1. Millionaire’s Shortbread: It’s all in the mix. This is basically a homemade Twix. And if you want to live by their ’90s slogan, (“Two for me. None for you.”) that’s not very nice, but we understand. (via Divine Chocolate)
3. Shortbread Cookies With Banana, Nutella and Almonds: Shortbread turns into a well-rounded afternoon snack with a little fruit and nuts. And Nutella. Oh what would we do without Nutella? (via Steamy Kitchen)
5. Lavender Shortbread: Since lavender is so easy to grow in your home, you might have it on hand for some cooking. Throw it in some shortbread to make these pretty-in-purple cookies. (via Mountain Mama Cooks)
6. Dark Chocolate Shortbread Cookies With Pistachios and Sea Salt: No need to pop open your bag of pistachios this afternoon. Just pop a couple of these bad boys in your mouth. (via The Cake Merchant)
18. Vanilla Bean and Fig Shortbread Drizzled With Honey Glaze: You knew you loved figs and honey, but bet you didn’t think to throw them on some shortbread. (via Vegetarian Ventures)
20. Shortbread Cookie Butter Spread: Let’s spread some cookie butter on cookies and really get this party started. This four-ingredient spread will definitely impress your guests. (via Amy’s Healthy Baking)
What is your favorite flavor of shortbread? Let us know in the comments below!