We all need a little R&R sometimes. But, we’re not always in a position to splurge on a full-on spa day. So, it’s time to create a spa right in the comfort of your home. We teamed up with Target Wedding to put together a list of must-haves for on-demand relaxation, from chic towels to DIY bath salts, with a rockin’ sound system right smack dab in the middle.
If you know someone who’s getting married in the near future, a few of these would make for a great gift set for the newlyweds. And if you’re the one getting married, you should probably go ahead and add these to your registry stat! :)
From setting the mood to creating your own scented spa goodies, here are 10 essentials for extreme rejuvenation.
1. Cozy Textiles: First off, you probably want a towel or two. We stocked up on these chic Herringbone Towels ($10-$13) and mixed and matched with different patterns.
2. Keep Things Organized: To keep things like towels, brushes and robes organized, get a basket that can act as a catch-all in your bathroom. For this scene, we used this Color Block Woven Round Basket ($25).
3. Scrub a Dub Dub: While a washcloth will do the job just fine for your daily routine, to get yourself really refreshed we recommend a natural Body Sponge ($5) for soothing and a Loofah Bath Brush ($5) for scrubbing.
4. The Perfect Soundtrack: Of course you need a little mood music. Whether you’re getting mellow with Bon Iver or Beach House, or going for a more pumped-up spa experience alongside Katy Perry, you need a solid sound system. We love SONOS PLAY:1 ($200), which is a wireless speaker that connects to your phone and lets you play your entrée music library, stream your favorite music services and tune into more than 100,000 radio stations and podcasts. And, you can play the same song in every room, in perfect sync!
5. Luxurious Lighting: If you don’t have Tea Lights ($20 for 100) in your go-to relaxation kit, then get on it! They’ll instantly set the mood.
6. Fresh Flowers: Fresh flowers will instantly freshen things up in your space, whether they’re wildflowers from the backyard or your favorite blooms from Whole Foods. To complete the scene, we put our flowers in this chic Nate Berkus Vase.
Now, it’s time to push up those DIY sleeves and concoct your own batch of bath salts, candles and lip scrubs.
7. Rosemary Peppermint Lip Scrub: First, pucker up! We created a new batch of one of our favorite lip scrubs. This one is minty fresh, with a coconut oil base. Follow this tutorial to mix up your own.
8. Lemon Rosemary Bath Salts: Next, salt up that water. While it’s easy to buy all sorts of scented bath salts, we decided to create our own batch based on this recipe from Tidy Mom.
9. Vanilla Coffee Candles: In addition to tea lights for lighting, we recommend creating your own scented candles to finish off the cozy vibe. These Vanilla Coffee Candles by blogger Henry Happened are still burning bright here at Brit HQ.
Oh, and you should probably find one more thing…
10. A Really Big Bathtub: This one might be easier said than done but, if you’re planning on remodeling your bathroom anytime soon, we say the bigger, the better!
What’s on your must-have list for an at-home spa day? Talk to us in the comments below.