18 Brilliant Travel Essentials to Pack for Your Best Three-Day Weekend Trip
If the cold weather has you dreaming of your next sunshine-filled vacation, you’re not alone — we could all use a little more warmth in our lives! To help you spend more time planning your relaxing getaway and less time packing for it, here’s a list of all the smart things to include for your best spring break trip. Spoiler: No heavy coats included.
1. CALPAK x Oh Joy! Packing Cubes ($48, Set of 5): Packing might be a drag, but these confetti-patterned bags will make it feel festive. This set comes with four packing cubes and a water-resistant pouch to help keep everything organized in your suitcase.
2. Quay Australia High Key Sunglasses ($65): Stay cool with a pair of polarized sunglasses that are also easy on the wallet. These oversized mirrored aviators will make a bold statement on the beach.
3. Lifeproof FRĒ SERIES Waterproof Case ($38): No matter what antics you get into on vacation, this case will make sure your phone can keep up with you — *and* snap the pics you need to document your adventures. It has a built-in scratch protector, is drop-proof, and even waterproof. (You can fully submerge your phone, accidentally or not, for a full hour.)
4. Away The Carry On, Aluminum Edition ($475): Rosé all day applies to your luggage as well. This limited edition version of Away’s popular carry-on has everything you love — a removable battery, sturdy and lightweight frame, and plenty of room — but comes in a gorgeous rose gold aluminum finish. (The regular carry-on is also a fave and at $225, will help you save a few more bucks to put towards actual rosé.)
5. Go-To Very Useful Face Cream ($31): Whether your skin needs a little post-flight or post-pool pick-me-up, this all-natural face cream will do the trick. It’s packed with antioxidants, nourishing oils, and shea butter, but it’s still lightweight enough to wear every day. Very Useful, indeed.
6. J. Crew Wide-Brim Packable Straw Hat ($55): Love a good straw hat but hate trying to pack one? This one will fold up nicely in your bag and maintain its shape for your next sunny destination.
7. Sun Bum Original Moisturizing Sunscreen Lotion ($16): This sunscreen is made from reef-friendly vegan ingredients and protects your skin from both UVA and UVB rays without leaving it feeling overly greasy. It also smells like a tropical island, to really put you into vacation mode.
8. GoFloats Inflatable Floatmingo Drink Holder ($10, for 3): It’s impractical to bring a full-sized pool float with you on vacation, but it’s adorable to bring one for your beverages — especially when they’re in the shape of flamingos.
9. Columbia PFG Tidal Deflector Long Sleeve Shirt ($55): We all love to soak in that vitamin D, but sometimes your skin needs a break from the beating sun. This long-sleeved shirt is made with sun-deflecting fabric, has UPF 50 protection, and will wick moisture away from your body.
10. Clare V. Sandy Tote Bag ($118): This tote is perfect for a day out on the town or on the beach. The netted rope design will make sure you haven’t forgotten anything, and it’ll prevent sand from getting stuck everywhere.
11. Athleta Chroma Bandeau Bikini Top ($59): Say goodbye to tan lines with this bright bikini top with removable straps. It’s also made with recycled nylon, so you can enjoy your water time knowing you’ve done a little something for the environment. Grab the matching bottoms ($59) for the full look.
12. Stanley Adventure Stainless Steel Shot Glass Set ($19): Bring the party with you wherever you go. This set comes with four shot glasses and a stainless steel carrying case for easy transport. Bonus: You won’t have to worry about breaking any glass.
13. Yuni Beauty Shower Sheets ($15): No time to shower? No problem. Freshen up with these individually wrapped body wipes, which will clean and naturally deodorize your skin in no time. They’re made from organic, natural ingredients, have 100 percent plant-based aromas, and are compostable, too.
14. Nike Sport Mesh Convertible Layered Tankini ($86): This swim top and tank combo is quick-drying, breathable, and versatile. It’ll let you move from beach to bar and back with stylish ease.
15. Skullcandy Push Truly Wireless Earbuds ($130): Listen to your favorite vacation playlist with a pair of wireless earbuds that are water-resistant, have 12 hours of battery life, and have built-in controls so you don’t even have to pick up your phone. This new bright orange pair — the first color launch in Skullcandy’s “12 Moods” program, designed to celebrate how music makes us feel — is inspired by boldness.
16. The LARQ Bottle ($95): If you’re wary of tap water, the LARQ bottle will quell your fears. It uses UV-C LED light to eliminate bio-contaminants from your water. It’s also self-cleaning, and it keeps beverages cold for up to 24 hours.
17. Relax Gummies CBD Infused Peach Rings: For anyone who has anxiety about flying, these CBD-infused peach rings are a tasty way to help you chill all the way out.
18. Everlane The Form Two-Strap Sandal ($118): These 100 percent Italian leather sandals also have a contoured footbed, so your feet will stay chic and comfy all day long.
Brit + Co may at times use affiliate links to promote products sold by others, but always offers genuine editorial recommendations.