Spring isn’t all about blooming flowers and cleaning out closets. It’s also that very special time of year for “in-between” weather when it’s too cold in the morning to go coatless but too warm in the afternoon to bundle up. Luckily, most of us have a go-to denim jacket that strikes just the right balance of warmth to keep us comfortable all day. But this beloved wardrobe staple doesn’t exactly work for every occasion. We would never ask you to toss out that old denim, but we can suggest a few new “friends” that work for more sophisticated occasions.
1. H&M Faux Suede Biker Jacket ($70): Colorful suede is happy medium between an edgy leather moto jacket and a soft denim jacket. This soft, biker-style jacket comes in pastel blue and pink so it’s on-trend and oh-so-pretty.
2. Helene Berman London Chatoyer Linen Blazer ($168): A successful business lady like yourself can’t have too many blazers. This classic gray jacket can be dressed up or down for all kinds of occasions.
3. Boldness Goals Bomber Jacket in Floral ($85): Flowers are in bloom everywhere you look, including your wardrobe. Brightly colored blooms make this bomber jacket a pretty, femme choice for spring days.
4. BDG Corduroy Trucker Jacket ($89): If you’re not into the Canadian tuxedo look, pair your favorite jeans with a colored corduroy for a twist on ’70s style.
5. Monki Longline Blazer ($72): A longline blazer can work as outerwear or as a layering piece. The checkered pattern on this jacket adds a bit of private school charm.
6. Mango Stripe Double Breasted Relaxed Blazer ($100): A light blazer is just what every professional needs as spring turns into summer. This on-trend, striped jacket also pairs with matching pants for a new take on the seasonal suit.
7. UO Faux Leather Belted Moto Jacket ($99): Just like our trusty jean jackets, a moto is another wardrobe staple that shouldn’t be passed up.
8. J.Crew New Lightweight Sweater Blazer ($138): Want to look put together but find blazers too stuffy? Welcome to a whole new world of business casual comfort. This J.Crew jacket is made from sweat material, so it’s soft and stretchy — like you’re wearing your favorite cardigan.
9. English Factory Waisted Trench Coat ($148): Looking for a lightweight jacket that will make you look like a leading lady from a classic French film? This gorgeous trench is a classic outerwear staple that comes in cornflower blue for a more modern twist.
10. Cafe Caper Bomber Jacket ($59): There’s your old-school denim, and then there’s chambray. It looks like denim, of course, but it’s so much softer and lighter, giving this quilt-patterned bomber a summertime feel.
11. Joules Right as Rain Waterproof Hooded Jacket ($140): As much as we all love our denim, those hoodless styles can be a huge drawback when a freak rainstorm hits. A sporty and stylish solution: this colorful rain jacket, complete with a head-protecting hood.
12. Native Rose Relaxed Biker Jacket ($301): UK brand Native Rose’s unique metallic moto jacket will definitely get you noticed for festival season and nights out on the town.
Do you have any recommendations for fashionable jackets? Share them with us on Twitter @BritandCo!
Brit + Co may at times use affiliate links to promote products sold by others, but always offers genuine editorial recommendations.