8 Brides Who Are Giving Us Serious Spring Wedding Makeup Inspiration
While there’s absolutely no wrong time to have a wedding, we have a special place in our hearts for big days that take place in the spring. Seriously, with the blooming floral arrangements and cheery, fresh-faced makeup, springtime wedding style just has that je ne said quois factor. Which is why — as we sit here in the cold, dreary weather — we’re dreaming of spring and gorgeous, warm-weather brides. Scroll on for eight of our fave makeup looks for the springtime bride.
1. Pink Lids: Pink shadow was a trend all over the runways this past year, so we’re not surprised to see it sneak into the realm of bridal beauty. The bright and pigmented color brings just the right amount of warmth to this stunning bride, accenting the shades on her floral crown and her lips. Pinky lids really give a radiant glow to all skin types, which makes it a great choice for any lucky lady’s big day. (Photo via Evelyn Eslava Photography / Green Wedding Shoes)
2. Black Liner n’ Rouge Lips: The combination of a dark lip and lids might seem like overkill on paper, but it actually looks fabulous when brought to life. The style brings out the eyes and pout of this brunette beauty, adding a bit of drama and flair without looking heavy at all. The makeup meshes wonderfully with this bride’s hair and dress, emphasizing her features, balancing her hair color and adding just the right amount of drama. (Photo via Danila Mednikov Special Photography / Magnolia Rouge)
3. A Pop of Color on the Cheeks: This bride truly lets her natural beauty shine through, adding a bit of lit-from-within radiance with flushed lips and cheeks. You’ll adore the combination of plum lips and colorful cheeks for a springy look. (Photo via Marion Heurteboust Photography / Hello May)
4. Lined Lids for Bright Eyes: Everything about this blushing bride’s style is on point, from the floral crown to the nude lip, but it’s her bright, beautiful eyes that really steal the show. The style can easily be achieved with some cleverly placed highlighter and a generous amount of eyeliner to really open up those peepers. (Photo via Jen Dillender Photography / Style Me Pretty)
5. A Warm-Weather Gray: Cool colors aren’t only for winter weddings, ladies. In fact, we are kind of obsessed with the gray lids this bride is rocking, which work as a more subdued smokey eye that’s on point for your big day (read: not too dramatic). The color works in cool contrast to your typical springtime, floral-filled wedding, so it’s the ideal pick for the transition between winter and spring. (Photo via Ryan Ray Photography)
6. Magenta Lips: If you’re adding a bit of floral fun to your special day (a trend we can totally get on board with), we recommend playing it up by coordinating your makeup with the bright, colorful blooms. Case in point: this bride, who paired her bright pink floral crown with an equally fresh magenta pout. The colors work in harmony to create a stunning take on boho chic. (via Hair and Makeup by Steph)
7. Natural Beauty: This bride used more earthy tones with natural-looking lips and big, bright eyes to keep her wedding day makeup look effortless yet polished. It’s the perfect style to top off with a look-at-me hair accessory like this beaded headpiece. (Photo via Braedon’s Blog)
8. Show-Stopping Lips: Chances are your eyes were immediately drawn to this bride’s stunning neon pout. And how could they not be? That is one truly dramatic color. This bride chose to pair the bright and colorful lip with more subdued eye makeup, making her look almost ethereal on her wedding day, especially set against the softer tones in the dress and flowers. (Photo via Jose Villa Photography / Style Me Pretty)
How would you style your makeup for a sweet spring wedding? Tweet us your favorite looks @BritandCo!