15 Spring Makeup Ideas for a Fresh Face
Spring is a time for new beginnings and that includes experimenting with a new look. With warmer temperatures and summer just around the corner, spring makeup gravitates towards brighter shades and pretty pastels. Whether you’re a beauty junkie who likes to play with new colors and techniques or just someone who prefers a natural look, there is something trending for everyone. From bright lips to bold liners to sheer highlighters, here are 15 ways to freshen up your look for spring.
1. Bold Orange Lipstick: Love orange lipstick but afraid it’s not the right color for you? Behold, this tutorial will help you find a shade that you’re actually comfortable with so that you too can sport this season’s hottest trend. (via Beauty and Sass)
6. Reverse Cat Eye: Less is more for spring… except when it comes to eyeliners. Check out this fresh twist on eyeliner from the Carven show by simply lining your lower lid and keeping the top bare. (via Harper’s Bazaar)
9. Mattify Your Lipstick: You’re no longer restricted to glosses and lip stains for spring. Matte lipsticks have made their way onto the scene, and now you can easily matte-ify using blotting papers. (via Byrdie)
13. Sunrise Eyes: Mornings are worth waking up to with this sunny citrus-orange wash across the lids. You can easily take this daytime look to night by layering it with eyeliner and mascara. (via Allure)
15. Touch of Under Eye Color: Instead of applying your eyeshadow only on the lid, take an accent color and dot it on the center of your bottom lash line for an extra splash of color. (via Nasty Gal Blog)
Which of these updates is your favorite? Do you have any other spring makeup trends you’re eyeing? Let us know in the comments below.
Back in January, we introduced you to a feel-good cause to inspire your New Year's resolution: a walking challenge to help raise funds for the amazing cancer fighters at The Leukemia & Lymphoma Society. I took part in the challenge with the Brit + Co team and ended up walking 105+ miles in January — it was awesome.
This spring, there's a new challenge on the horizon, The Leukemia & Lymphoma Society's Big Climb. The ask: On May 15, 2021, you can step up to take cancer down by committing to climb 1,311 steps, walking 3.2 miles, or doing 440 chair step-ups at home as part of the Big Climb. If you need some motivation to bring movement back into your daily routine — look no further!
As always, it's free to sign up, but climbers are encouraged to set a fundraising goal to help beat cancer. We'll be organizing another Brit + Co team to step up, and I hope you'll join us too! Keep scrolling for a peek at where I'll be completing the challenge in my Los Angeles neighborhood around the hidden Silver Lake Stairs. Happy climbing!
Never underestimate the power of an accountability buddy! I asked my in-laws, my partner, and a few friends to join me so we can keep each other motivated and accountable in completing the challenge — virtual high-fives all around! Also, my dog Fox is a great climber, too.
An aesthetically pleasing backdrop is a huge motivator for me! I'm fortunate to have all sorts of painted steps around my neighborhood to keep the challenge interesting, but you can also keep cool inside with at-home chair step-ups.
Don't forget to share your progress on social — #BigClimb!
Feel free to break the challenge up if you need to by tackling half the distance in the AM and half at sunset. Here's me 1,311 steps later and ready for a break — but, think I earned this one!