Style, According to StylebyAda of No Ordinary She
Between their Insta-perfect #OOTDs and omg-inducing red carpet ensembles, celebs serve up an endless supply of style inspiration on the regular. The designer duds and impeccably put-together looks are nothing short of #goals, but the glitz and glamour factor can make them feel a little out of reach for the average working girl (because #adulting). Sure, expensive duds a killer outfit do not make, but there’s just something so refreshing about seeing a scene-stealing look on a woman that doesn’t have 24-hour access to a stylist, crazy connections or deep pockets. In celebration of real-girl style, each week we’ll be introducing you to a new fashionable femme and showing you a few effortless ways to snag some of their on-point style, both on duty and off.
This week’s focus? Ada of No Ordinary She. To say the girl has some serious sartorial game would be an understatement. Her style blends uptown elegance with downtown cool, and often embodies a boy-meets-girl aesthetic. Expect to find an arsenal of streamlined blazers, oversized button-downs and colorful accessories with serious personality.
Off-duty cool doesn’t get any better than this. Bold bell sleeves, disco diva steppers and wide-leg denim lend this laid-back look a serious dose of ’70s flair, offering a much-needed break from a tired tee-and-jeans routine.
1. H&M Blouse With Trumpet Sleeves ($18): Play the layering game the It-girl way with a bell-sleeved blouse that’s all kinds of chic. Whether you layer it under a crew-neck sweater or a classic tuxedo blazer, the result will be straight-up stunning.
2. ASOS Double Breasted Blazer in Pinstripe ($89): Take style cues from Ada and top off a pair of statement denim with a timeless blazer for a foolproof look that comes together in seconds. Bonus points for bold color and of-the-moment additions like perfectly polished pinstripes.
3. Topshop Maximum Fringe Loafer Boots ($160): When you have gold boots like these, make sure you pull ’em out at every opportunity. To blaze some serious style trails, rock these gilded beauties with cropped raw-edge jeans, a ruffle-neck blouse and a sleeveless blazer.
On-the-job elegance doesn’t have to involve donning a full-on suit. Do like Ada and team a next-level button-down with a printed skirt and high-shine steppers for a nine-to-five look that slays.
4. Finders Keepers Great Heights Long Sleeve Top ($150): If your idea of basics involves eye-catching embellishments and cutting-edge silhouettes, a blasé button-down just isn’t going to cut it for your on-the-job repertoire. This unique piece, on the other hand, with its asymmetric collar, fluted sleeves and modern circular clasp, is right up your alley. Team it with belted culottes and embroidered ankle boots for a down-to-business look that defies office norms without drawing the side eye from HR.
5. Zara Check Mini Skirt ($50): Pass on plain old pencil silhouettes and snoozy black trousers for a twirl-worthy gingham skirt with plenty of down-to-business ‘tude. For ultimate girlboss vibes, style it alongside lace-up boots, minimalist baubles and plenty of go-get-’em confidence.
6. ASOS Sensor Pointed Heels ($46): Day or night, a set of quicksilver steppers makes everything better. Jazz up on-duty duds by throwing these bad boys into the mix, or wear them with a printed mini dress for a hot date with the dance floor.
Keepin’ it low key calls for relaxed duds with no shortage of Insta-worthy edge. Case in point: Ada’s color-block sweat and wide-leg trouser combo that’s perfect for Sunday morning brunch or a much-anticipated Netflix marathon on the couch.
7. Être Cécile Colour Block Slim Fit Sweatshirt ($130): Form and function go hand in hand in this bright color-block sweatshirt that defines laid-back goals. While it would look ah-mazing styled alongside joggers or everyday jeans, it creates an element of cool contrast when paired with ultra-feminine pieces like pleated skirts and midi dresses.
8. H&M Wide Leg Pants ($40): Ultra-cozy vibes come in the form of fluid silhouettes this season, with wide-leg trousers uprooting boyfriend jeans and classic denim from their seat of power. Slip them on with an oversized sweater and slides for a lazy-girl look that gives the whole polished pajamas thing a run for its money.
9. J.Crew Signet Bag in Italian Leather ($128): Everyday bag swag deserves a stylish place to call home, and this bright cross-body is it. Sling it over a monochromatic ensemble for a sleek minimalist look that really pops.
Creative layering lends itself to a day-to-night ensemble with undeniable Instababe flair. An oversized leather jacket and tulle overlay instantly elevate a simple pair of jeans into haute territory.
10. Mango Oversize Leather Biker ($250): There’s a reason leather jackets consistently make an appearance on wardrobe essential lists — they have a way of adding polish to even the most basic duds and infusing everyday ensembles with a note of effortless cool. Translation: If you haven’t already added one of these timeless style staples to your arsenal, there’s no better time than here and now.
11. Zara Tulle Sleeveless Dress ($30): The easiest way to amp up your weekend style? Inject your off-duty uniform with a touch of ballet-beautiful flair. Layer a sheer tulle dress over a t-shirt, jeans and combat boots for an enviable ensemble that screams street-style star.
12. Intentionally Blank Titan Slide ($190): This season’s piece de resistance? A sleek pair of loafers. Giving your go-to pair of sneakers a run for their money, they elevate athleisure essentials like it ain’t no thang, and usher classic closet pieces into 21st-century territory.
Follow us on Pinterest for more style inspo!
Brit + Co may at times use affiliate links to promote products sold by others, but always offers genuine editorial recommendations.
(Featured photo via No Ordinary She)