15 Shoes to Make Your Work Week More Stylish
It can be hard enough crawling out of bed in the morning. And the thought of donning boring duds can make facing the day seem even harder. Sure, those black heels and ballet flats are timeless, but some days your 9 to 5 attire needs something more. And maybe you’re not the type to get funky with your workwear, but a few simple touches — like a crazy awesome pair of shoes — are all you need to shake things up. From strappy sandals to sassy booties, these 15 pairs of covetable kicks are the perfect way to step up your office-style game.
1. Seychelles Frequency 2 Pumps in Fuchsia Floral ($100): Pump-loving ladies everywhere rejoice — you don’t have to ditch your favorite silhouette in order to spice things up. A playful floral print will brighten up your 9-to-5 uniform just in time for spring.
2. Charles Keith Cutout Sling-back Pumps ($56): Banish bad days with a pair of cheerful yellow flats. Pair them up with tailored white trousers for work or toss them on with a flowy sundress for a flirty, feminine off-duty look.
3. Zara Lace-Up Leather Ankle Boots ($119): Lace-ups are HOT for spring. And while it might be a stretch to rock a pair of gladiators or dramatic knee-high boots at the office, this sassy ankle version is totally work appropriate.
4. ALDO Quirta Rose Gold Flatform Shoes ($84): Step aside oxfords, there’s a new shoe in town. Platform soles and eye-catching rose gold uppers give this classic style a serious makeover.
5. Schutz Leather Brasiliana Gladiator Sandals ($270): These laser-cut lovelies are fashion forward, but the neutral shade keeps them feeling sophisticated. The best part? Knee-high attachments allow you to rock them gladiator style on the weekend.
6. Faith Aden Snake Effect Asymmetric Flat Shoes ($70): When you’re running behind, flats are the way to go. Chasing after the bus just isn’t practical in towering heels, amiright? And while you might be late, these colorful snake skin steppers will make sure you’re in style.
7. J.Crew Roxie Ankle-Tie Pumps ($285): These pumps are game-changing. A classic shape and muted hue say “working lady,” while cheeky laces and tassels are all play, making them the perfect desk-to-dinner shoe.
8. Jeffrey Campbell Novak-Cut Shoes ($165): Whether you wear them with an airy pleated chiffon skirt, a structured shift or cropped trousers, these gilded numbers add a flawless finish to any look.
9. Joe’s Jeans Pete Pointed Toe Pump ($135): Criss-crossed straps and a statement ankle strap give these D’Orsay pumps a contemporary edge for a piece you won’t want to take off.
10. Loeffler Randall Milla Scallop Flat ($295): Like black, cheetah print can more or less be considered a neutral (or at least we think so). Swap these out for your go-to flats for an instant style upgrade.
11. J.Crew Crackled Leather D’Orsay Flats ($158): Crackled purple? Yes, please. These perky pump alternatives have a funky throwback vibe that will liven up your boardroom style.
12. Miista Davinia Black Hair ($216): When the temps start to rise, ditch your Chelsea boots for these airy open-toed numbers. Sleek leather feels polished, while textured uppers add a fun edge. Culottes and Bermuda shorts are just begging to be paired up with these babies.
13. United Nude Collection Ruby Hi Pump ($259): With an offset stacked heel and mixed medias, these ultra-modern heels are the ultimate statement shoe.
14. Raphaella Booz Dusk T-Strap Heels ($138): Flip flops might be out when it comes to your 9 to 5, but a sleek pair of ankle strap sandals? They’ll totally fly.
15. Ted Baker London Annabilla Pointy Toe Pump ($109): An unexpected gold stiletto heel, vibrant ripple pattern and glam crystal brooches make these bold blue pumps anything but ordinary.
Which pump are you adding to your cart for spring? Let us know in the comments below!
Fall is right around the corner, and we're getting amped up for our next session of Selfmade, Brit + Co's 10-week interactive startup school. Designed to help you create a new business or grow your existing one, this course is personally led by Brit + Co founder Brit Morin and co-founder Anjelika Temple, and supported by more than a dozen of the top female entrepreneurs, creatives, and investors in the country. Students receive personalized coaching on everything from how to get out of your comfort zone to how to scale your business, and everything in between. And now, thanks to Office Depot, even more of you can join the course!
For the fall session, we're thrilled to team up with Office Depot to grant 200 FREE scholarship seats to the course. Scholarships are open to US residents, focusing on women of color, women from underserved and underrepresented communities, and women in need of support to help them trail-blaze. After all, we firmly believe that your support system is a huge part of how you achieve greatness, and we are here to cheer all of you on.
To nominate yourself or someone you know for a scholarship, head to our nomination form right here. The deadline for scholarship nominations is September 27th — it's time to take the leap!
Beyond the scholarship, Office Depot is all about helping you accomplish more. Whether it be the start phase, growth phase or keep businesses going phase, Office Depot offers a full suite of business solutions, including services and products, to help you work from anywhere, organize and save time and help build your brand.
So what are you waiting for? Take a chance on yourself and get yourself one step closer to truly being selfmade. Learn more about the Selfmade program, apply for a scholarship and prepare to be inspired :)