9 Subscription Boxes Moms–to–Be Will Love
Choosing a baby shower gift or “OMG, you just had a kid” present can be surprisingly hard. If your pal’s registry is picked over (or non-existent), or if you want to get them even more goodies (they created a baby in their body for heaven’s sake), then you might just consider gifting your new mom pal one of these nine awesome subscription boxes. Sign them up for one month, a quarter or a whole year — regardless of the length, they’ll be delighted to get an array of surprise gifts delivered to their door. And if you’re the one who’s knocked up, sign up for a subscription yourself; you know you’re worth it!
1. Mommy Mailbox (starting at $34 a month): The Mommy Mailbox is all about making the new mom happy. Each box includes four to six stylish surprise gifts (from jewelry to chocolate) that are meant to spoil the mama in question. (Photo via Mommy Mailbox)
2. Cravings by Mouth.com (starting at $50 per month): Now this is a delicious gift. We’re not even pregnant and we totally want it! Cravings will send a mix of salty and sweet treats over a course of three, six or nine months. A recent box included “a jar of garlic-dill and a jar of Old Bay-spiced cucumber pickles, plus candied ginger dunked in dark chocolate and an expectation-exceeding ‘snack’r’ candy bar.” (Photo via Cravings)
3. Bump Box (starting at $40 a month): Bump Box is a maternity subscription service (which is pretty obvi by the company name) that offers three-, six- or nine-month subscriptions. When you sign up, you’ll include the baby’s due date so that they can create the box specifically for mom-to-be, with items such as lotions for their growing baby bump or herbal teas. (Photo via Bump Box)
4. Mama Bird Box (starting at $35 a month): The Mama Bird box is curated for pregnancy months three through nine and postpartum. Each of the boxes contains items for healthy living (like natural deodorant), items for that time of the pregnancy journey (like belly cream) and an item to pamper the mom-to-be (like non-toxic nail polish). (Photo via Mama Bird Box)
5. Baby Bump Bundle (starting at $40): Baby Bump Bundle isn’t a subscription service per se; it’s more of a carefully curated surprise gift box. The care packages are designed for the mom-to-be, newborn babies and nursing new moms (they have their own Breastfeeding Bundle). (Photo via Bump Bundle)
6. The Stork Bag (starting at $40 every three months): This mama-to-be subscription box has deliveries geared toward every trimester, such as ginger treats to keep morning sickness at bay or cute keepsakes. They also offer a very practical postpartum bag ($60) if you wanna throw that in. (Photo via The Stork Bag)
7. Ecocentric Mom (starting at $25 per month): Each of the Ecocentric Mom boxes is full of home, health, beauty and baby items with a healthy and useful vibe, from organic soaps to Vana Bergamot + Tea Tree Facial Oil. There are specific boxes for various stages of mommy-dom — you can pick pregnancy, mom & baby or a mom subscription box. (Photo via Ecocentric Mom)
8. Bluum (starting at $25 a month): The items in a Bluum box — selected for pregnancy to preschool — are all based on your baby’s age, gender, and developmental stage. When you sign up, there’s an option to configure your box by choosing the exact items (from toys to toiletries) that you want and/or need. (Photo via Bluum)
9. Supplet (starting at $26 a month): Supplet doesn’t have just boxes for Mom, but also for Dad! The focus is on providing organic products to help make life healthier for Mom, Dad and baby with items such a Yogi Tea, Sea Bands and much-needed waistband extenders. (Photo via Supplet)
Which one are you most tempted to order for your BFF or for yourself? Tweet us and share your choice @BritandCo.
Brit + Co may at times use affiliate links to promote products sold by others, but always offers genuine editorial recommendations.
Fall is right around the corner, and we're getting amped up for our next session of Selfmade, Brit + Co's 10-week interactive startup school. Designed to help you create a new business or grow your existing one, this course is personally led by Brit + Co founder Brit Morin and co-founder Anjelika Temple, and supported by more than a dozen of the top female entrepreneurs, creatives, and investors in the country. Students receive personalized coaching on everything from how to get out of your comfort zone to how to scale your business, and everything in between. And now, thanks to Office Depot, even more of you can join the course!
For the fall session, we're thrilled to team up with Office Depot to grant 200 FREE scholarship seats to the course. Scholarships are open to US residents, focusing on women of color, women from underserved and underrepresented communities, and women in need of support to help them trail-blaze. After all, we firmly believe that your support system is a huge part of how you achieve greatness, and we are here to cheer all of you on.
To nominate yourself or someone you know for a scholarship, head to our nomination form right here. The deadline for scholarship nominations is September 27th — it's time to take the leap!
Beyond the scholarship, Office Depot is all about helping you accomplish more. Whether it be the start phase, growth phase or keep businesses going phase, Office Depot offers a full suite of business solutions, including services and products, to help you work from anywhere, organize and save time and help build your brand.
So what are you waiting for? Take a chance on yourself and get yourself one step closer to truly being selfmade. Learn more about the Selfmade program, apply for a scholarship and prepare to be inspired :)