14 Unique Baby Shower Gifts You Won’t Find on the Registry
Friends of pregnant women— this post is for you. There are many new-baby essentials that every parent needs like a crib, eco-friendly baby clothes and TONS of diapers :) But there are other items that don’t always make the registry. So today, in partnership with VTech, we’re bringing you 14 must-haves for new moms. Our guide features a combination of essentials, keepsakes and gifts just for mom. After all, she deserves a little pampering.
We’re so excited to be working with VTech, a company that’s committed to safety and dependability, and whose products include features that go above and beyond the ordinary. They make us have a lot of “I’m so glad they thought of that!” moments. A great example is the VTech Safe&Sound® DM271 Digital Audio Monitor. Not only is it great for new moms, but with alerts from the open/closed and motion sensors on doors, cabinets and open spaces, this monitor will grow with her child so when her sleeping baby becomes a curious (and sneaky!) toddler, she’ll know if they’re getting into something they shouldn’t be.
1. VTech Safe&Sound® DM271 Digital Audio Monitor ($150): This monitor gets an A++ in our book. Not only does it have a two-way, talk-back intercom, a built-in belt clip and up to 1,000 feet of range so mom can stay connected from any room in the house as she goes about her day, but it also serves as a glow-on-ceiling night light and plays a lullaby to help soothe her baby to sleep. Yes, please! (via VTech)
2. DIY Kimono: Make something special that will give your pregnant friend a style boost. This DIY kimono is lightweight and comfortable, yet oh-so chic. And it’s the perfect layering item that she won’t grow out of as her due date nears. (via Brit + Co)
3. Just One You Burp Cloth Set ($8): Moms can never have too many burp cloths on hand. Not only are they great for their intended purpose, but they also serve as emergency rags for any spill. And we all know spills and babies go hand in hand. (via Target)
4. me4kidz First Aid Kit ($9): Keep your new mom friend emergency ready with a first aid kit for kids. Though this isn’t a typical item on a registry, it’s perfect to keep in a purse or glove box. After all, there’s not much a bandaid can’t fix! (via Diapers.com)
5. DIY Baby Mobile: A baby room must-have, this DIY mobile will elevate the style of your baby’s nursery and keep your little one totally mesmerized. As an added bonus, it’s super easy to make! (via Brit + Co)
6. Ergobaby Original Baby Carrier ($120): It’s no secret that new moms will be carrying around their precious little one wherever they go, which is why a baby carrier is a perfect gift. She and her back will thank you. (via Ergobaby)
9. Emily & Merritt Nursery Critter Wraps ($35): Win mom some style points with these adorable animal bath wraps. You won’t mind if your entire photo feed is filled with pics of baby-to-be in one of these, will you? They’re just TOO CUTE. (via Pottery Barn Kids)
10. Spa in a Box: Whether she needs some pampering before or after the baby is born, every mom-to-be deserves a spa day. Let her have that day on her own time with a spa in a box. This compact box of goodies includes DIY scrub, bath salt and a face mask along with other spa essentials like aromatic candles and lip balm. (via Brit + C0)
11. Dr. Brown’s Natural Flow Bottle Brush ($5): With bottles filling up her cupboards, mom needs the right supplies to keep them clean. Hook her up with a bottle brush (which would be an adorable gift topper!). (via Buy Buy Baby)
12. Cosabella “Never Say Never Mommie” Soft Cup Nursing Bralette ($79): Just because she’s nursing doesn’t mean she can’t wear a lacy bra. These nursing bralettes are stylish and functional. Your gal will love them! (via Nordstrom)
13. 27DesignSt Milestone Cards ($23): Prepare mom for keeping track of all those precious moments with milestone cards. Of course, she’ll bring them out and show them to her kid’s first S.O. to be the perfect (read: loving *and* embarrassing) mom. (via 27 Design Street)
What are your go-to gifts for new moms? Tweet us the answer @BritAndCo!
This post is a collaboration with VTech.
Brit + Co may at times use affiliate links to promote products sold by others, but always offers genuine editorial recommendations.
Author: Roxy Taghavian