8 Ways to Bring Out Your Waves Without Any Sprays
We’re about to be in peak summer mode, y’all, which means nothing but beach days and beach waves. While you’re busy soaking up the sun and romping in the sand, don’t forget that this time of year is ideal to let your locks down (literally) and let them do their thing. Avoid using heat tools if you can, and instead opt for products that will do the work for you, bringing out the natural curves of your strands. If you crave more control over where the enhancers go, check out these eight non-spray hair products.
1. Alterna Bamboo Beach Breeze Dry Balm Air Dry Styler ($22): Run this cream through your locks to give any look a piecey, beachy vibe and UVA/UVB protection. Bamboo and Tahitian coconut nourish hair that’s thirsty from sun, sand, and saltwater.
2. Ouidad Wave Create Texture Taffy ($26): If you’re after a tousled ‘do that works with the moisture in the summer air, this unique cream is a must-have. It’s enhanced with vitamins and minerals to keep your coils soft to the touch — never crunchy. Apply it to the ends for a windblown look or work it through curl-by-curl for serious definition.
3. SheaMoisture Yucca & Plantain Wave Defining Lotion ($10): Shea butter, yucca, and plantain keep your tresses strong, while baobab oil adds a gorgeous luster. A little bit goes a long way, so just use a quarter-size amount and get ready for bouncy bends.
4. Bumble & Bumble Bb. Texture Hair (Un) Dressing Creme ($31): Toss this gel-cream into your tresses and let it work its magic. It gives your hair a bit of gritty texture while helping it air dry with the perfect amount of twist.
5. IGK Sunday Funday Texture Foam ($29): This texturizing foam will bring new life to your existing curls, making it the perfect product to pack if you have a low-maintenance beach weekend ahead. The versatile formula works well on normal to thick hair with texture, waves, or curls.
6. H&M Beachy Kween Salt Water Cream ($10): Use this texturizer on damp or dry hair, pre- or post-styling, for beachy curls in no time.
7. Herbal Essences Tousle Me Softly Tousling Hair Mousse ($5): Start your style off with this mousse that’ll give the swirls and twirls in your hair a gentle hold and a sharp look. Beyond that, it protects locks from humidity (and the frizz that comes with it).
8. John Frieda Dream Curls Air-Dry Waves Styling Foam ($10): This foam actually helps reconstitute the structure of your strands as it air dries, bringing out your best natural waves in the process. It’ll never leave your hair feeling stiff, which is key for achieving the effortless summer look we’re after.
Follow us on Pinterest for more beauty inspo and info.
Brit + Co may at times use affiliate links to promote products sold by others, but always offers genuine editorial recommendations.