It’s time to gather your friends, craft a few refreshing cocktails, and share stories over a campfire. Setting the mood for the perfect bonfire get-together takes a little preplanning, but with our help, you’ll be a backyard-blazin’ goddess in no time! Scroll on for some DIYs, recipes, and inspo that will light up your next summertime shindig.
2. Campfire Cones: Add a sweet treat to the menu your guests will love. Set up a bar with marshmallows, crushed cookies, sprinkles, and whatever you think will give your pals a sugar rush. (via Brit + Co)
3. Blanket Stand: Hosting a summer bonfire doesn’t mean you shouldn’t be prepared for a little chill in the air as the sun sets. If you’re feeling handy, put together a shelf to hold your fave blankets, or just pull one from your house. (via 100 Layer Cake)
4. DIY Built-in Flagstone Fire Pit: Ever dreamt of having a fire pit in your backyard? This DIY will require some heavy lifting and a weekend of your undivided attention, but it will be worth it once you light your first fire! (via Dream Green DIY)
6. DIY Mosquito Repellent: Help your besties avoid bug bites with a natural remedy that will repel mosquitos without the overwhelming stench of bug spray. Pick up some witch hazel, glass bottles, and a few essential oils to make this simple DIY. (via Brit + Co)
8. DIY Marshmallow Roasting Sticks: There’s no need to search the backyard for the perfect branches when you can make your very own roasting sticks. You’ll be reusing these bad boys again and again. (via I Heart Naptime)
9. Bonfire Popcorn: This movie-night staple definitely won’t disappoint. Not only is making popcorn over an open flame a breeze, but it will be fun to pop over that fire with friends. (via The Cookful)
10. S’more Boxes: Make your bonfire snack prep easy by putting together a must-have sweet treat kit before your gal pals arrive. Grab a few boxes from your local craft store and add the chocolate, marshmallows, and graham crackers. (via Rustic Roosters Interiors)
11. Sticky Finger Station: Bonfire goodies can get real messy, so make it easy for your friends to get cleaned up with a station just for sticky fingers. Add hand wipes, paper towels, and bug spray, and you’re all set! (via Apartment Therapy)
Ready to host your next summertime shindig? Follow us on Pinterest for more party ideas!
Brit + Co may at times use affiliate links to promote products sold by others, but always offers genuine editorial recommendations.