12 Ways to Instantly Summerize Your Home Decor
Summer is here! It’s like the weather took a happy pill (in most places). There’s something exciting about breaking out fresh decor when a new time of year rolls in. Livening up your decor based on the season is an easy way to keep things interesting inside while Mother Nature takes care of everything else outside. Think easy-breezy patterns, bright colors and functional decor (you’ll need that for all the BBQs you’ll be hosting). To show you just how easy it is to summerize your pad, we’ve handpicked 12 ways to bring that warm, bright, summery cheer into your home for a healthy dose of instant good vibes.
and the beads look like shells! Bonus: these beads would totally sway in those warm summer night breezes.
3. Lulu & Georgia Kenza Moroccan Pouf ($205): This comfy pouf (love anything described as a pouf) packs a serious punch of summer color and features embroidered and stitched details done by hand. You’ll definitely need some extra seating for all the hosting you’ll be doing this summer, right? ;) This would be fab indoors and outdoors.
sleep on? This is sure to induce the most solid sleep of your life. The light and bright colors on this comforter should be a welcome substitute for the darker, richer-colored bedspread you use during fall/winter.
shop to cop this indigo and white planter that injects instant life into your abode. Bring the outdoors indoors and feel garden-fresh all summer long.
6. Dot & Bo Coral Pantone Clock ($29): Peach season is in full swing during the summer, so why not incorporate this sweet fruit into your home? This orangey-colored clock doubles as art in your home, and that’s a win in our book. Clocks are a perfect seasonal decor option because you really only need to hang it once; just leave the nail in the wall and swap the clock out when you score a new one next season.
pop of color into this versatile basket. Throw in some beach towels, bring it to the park for a picnic or use it as a great laundry basket you will actually want to display.
and a super summery selfie backdrop with this tapestry. It’s very multi-purpose, so consider using it as a blanket during a beach bonfire — you can fit a bunch of peeps on it!
9. Anthropologie Marrakech Curtain ($108 – $168): Don’t these curtains remind you of the blue and white amazingness that is Santorini? Switching up your curtains is like changing your bedspread or rearranging furniture; it makes an instant, noticeable change in any room of your home. Imagine these blowing in the breeze with an open window…
10. Koromiko Pink Druzi Wool Blanket ($180): The small pink embroidery adds an instant hint of summer brightness to this hand-woven, hand-loomed blanket. Bundle up with this warm but breathable throw the next time you’re grilling outside or just enjoying the nighttime weather. Opt for a versatile blanket like this instead of the thicker ones you use during fall/winter.
11. BA Handcrafted Home Gold Metallic Pineapple Pillow ($60): Who doesn’t want a gold pineapple pillow in their digs this summer? Not only are you reminded to get in your four servings of fruit per day, but you can also move this around as you see fit so each room in your home can eventually feel the gilded summer vibes. When summer’s over, throw a pillow cover on this and you can still have it out.
12. Layla Grace Seafoam Glass Bottle Table Lamp ($188): Sea glass has that transparent, dreamy feeling about it that instantly takes us back to the beach, smelling salt water… ahhhh. This lamp has totally got the sea glass thang down and brings the effortlessness of summer back into your home. Plus, we love the blue/green color.