6 Tinted Moisturizers for All Skin Tones
If after one or two days of nice weather you already feel your foundation melting — you may want to consider a switch-up before temps really rise. Sure, adding either a primer, a setting spray, or both to your routine can do wonders. But the real magic comes when you put the heavier formulas on pause. A tinted moisturizer should give you just enough coverage to hide imperfections or blemishes without making your face feel like you’re wearing a mask. Here’s a selection that does just that and works on a range of skin tones to boot.
1. 100% Pure Fruit Pigmented Tinted Moisturizer ($47): As the name suggests, this all-natural skin perfector is colored with fruit and vegetable pigments that blend into skin without any harsh chemicals. It’s also high in antioxidants, thanks to organic white tea, and keeps skin moisturized with acai and pomegranate oils.
2. Urban Decay Naked Skin One & Done Hybrid Complexion Perfector($36): It’s a primer, sheer foundation, and moisturizer, all packed into one. This multitasker also comes in a pretty solid range of shades from light to dark.
3. Make Up For Ever Ultra HD Perfector($36): The HD full-coverage foundation version of this summer must-have has a cult following thanks to its ability to make you look all but airbrushed. Thankfully, this lighter option doesn’t compromise on the blurring effects and will make you feel a lot more comfortable during soaring temps.
4. Laura Mercier Tinted Moisturizer($45): The OG of tinted moisturizers basically put tinted moisturizers on the map and remains an industry classic. It was also one of the first formulas to be offered in a respectable mix of shades and even boasts ingredients like hyaluronic acid and SPF to hydrate and protect your skin.
5. Milk Makeup Sunshine Skin Tint SPF 30($42): The rollerball packaging makes for a super easy application of a formula that offers sheer, yet buildable, coverage. Packed with skin nourishers like avocado, mandarin, grape, and olive oils, this buy is a winner.
6. EveryHue Beauty Luminous Tinted Moisturizer($19): It goes on light like a tinted moisturizer, but you’ll get the benefit of the blemish-hiding coverage of a true foundation. It has a satiny finish, so both oily and more dry skin can use it without looking too matte or too shiny. Plus, it also comes in 10 shades and includes SPF, FTW.
Do you switch to a tinted moisturizer for summer? Tell us on Pinterest!
Brit + Co. may at times use affiliate links to promote products sold by others, but always offers genuine editorial recommendations.