5 Tips for BIG Savings on Target’s Revamped Cartwheel App
Target has been wow-ing us lately with their stylish designs perfect for a sizzling summer (Mediterranean chic on a budget yaaas!) and now they’ve wow-ed us again with their latest way to help customers save money. Their popular Cartwheel app is getting an update and on top of that, we have some tips and tricks from the insiders that will have you saving every pretty penny!
Cartwheel, Target’s “fun-to-use couponing app” that’s been around since 2013 (and since then has apparently helped shoppers save more than $475 million!) which allows customers to choose, scan and save is updating their app and they think you’re gonna love it.
So here’s the deal as Target lays it out for us, savings-seeking shoppers: Instead of the percentage-based coupons we’ve been offered in the past, now the digital coupons will “offer a dollar amount discount (rather than a percentage).” These coupons will also now only be available for single use. “Some of Cartwheel users’ faves so far: 50 cents off Honey Nut Cheerios, and $1 off Edge or Skintimate Shave Gel!”
BUT WAIT! We have more money-savings tips for all of you Cartwheel users!
Target asked the creators of the Cartwheel app to reveal they ways they think you should be using the app to get the biggest bang for your buck. Check ‘em out!
1. “Tag-team Saving: Bring the whole family and task one person with plucking items from the shelf, while another stands by with the Cartwheel app open. Their job? To scan every item’s barcode as it goes into the cart to see if there’s a Cartwheel deal or related offer available.”
2. “Are we there yet?: Did you know there are now store maps in the Cartwheel app that show you exactly where your items are located? Yup. You’re welcome, Target treasure hunters.”
3. “Stay in the know: Sign up for e-mails and push notifications. We know Sunday shoppers who wait to see their new deals before making a Target run!”
And for a little bit of phone-specific savings tricks:
4. “Apple users: On iPhones, the “share” button allows you to send your list into iOS “Notes” app, where many guests keep their shopping lists.”
5. “Droid users: Press and hold the screen once you’re in the Cartwheel app for a shortcut to the barcode widget!”
Do you use Target’s Cartwheel app? Let us know @britandco!
(photos via Target)
No matter what your holiday plans look like this year, we know you want to feel present and able to embrace the warm and festive spirit to the fullest — not be bogged down by errands, stressful hosting duties, and last-minute shopping disasters. We wouldn't be surprised if one look at your December to-do list sent you into a full-on panic.