The BritList: Caffeinated Hot Sauce, the Pizza Scarf, and More
It’s a gorgeous Friday here in SF, and with this month’s Brit Kits out the door we are in full celebration mood. We seriously can’t wait to see what you make with the latest kit. But enough about kits — it’s time for the BritList!
1. DoubleKick Caffeinated Hot Sauce: Hot sauce with caffeine? Yeah, your dreams just came true.
2. Smuggler’s Belt: Love to travel light? Or just want to challenge your inner Magic Mike? Keep your cash right in your belt ;)
3. A Desk that Converts into a Bed: This seems like the opposite of work/life balance, but we could definitely use a nap desk here at Brit HQ.
4. Plastic Bottle Cloud: This cool installation turns 53,780 plastic bottles (the average amount thrown away per hour in NYC!) into a gorgeous art piece. If you’re on the east coast, be sure to head to Governor’s Island this summer to check it out.
5. Audiowood Barky: Pretty much perfect for that rustic meets tech vibe.
6. Astronaut Duvet Cover: Is your little one an aspiring Neil Armstrong? Make his spacey dreams come true with this adorable duvet.
7. Daily Dishonesty: Love this project by NYC based designer Lauren Van Horn. And we think Oreos are their own food group too.
8. Self-Cleaning Fish Tank: This clever little doodad is a closed-loop eco system that uses fish waste to naturally fertilize the plants that sit above it. In turn, the plants clean the water for your pet fish!
9. Pizza Scarf: It’s a scarf that looks like the longest slice of pizza ever. That’s all.
10. Vyne Smartphone Holder: Holding your phone with your hand is so last year! But seriously, this would definitely come in handy for staying in touch with long distance friends over FaceTime or even for watching movies when you’re traveling.
11. Camp Daybed: This camp-inspired daybed has just the right amount of neon.
12. Animal Bottle Holders: Brit staffer Sarah spotted one of these on her way from Austin to Dallas at the local Flying J. Further research shows us that this isn’t only a thing for rattlesnakes — you can get wine bottle holders in the shape of bears, cowboys, black labs, ducks, and more. Amazing.
13. Wooden DSLR Lamp: This gorgeous lamp is perfect for the avid photographer.
15. StyleSeat To You: Lastly, we’ve got a little love for the ladies at StyleSeat! For Valentine’s Day they sent us an awesome manicurist (using their To You feature) and made our nails oh-so-pretty for our Valentines. This feature lets you book a stylist for on-location hair and makeup and will soon include manicures, massages, and straight-razor shaves for men.
What notable things have you stumbled across online this week? Share links with us in the comments below.