The BritList: LEGO Taylor Swift, George Costanza as Art and More
May is on its way out, and we’re ushering in June Gloom here in SF. Foggy skies, picnics with plenty of blankets and East Coast summer-envy are all about to hit.
1. Lego Taylor Swift: Made of 38,400 individual Legos, this portrait of our girl T.Swift resides at the Legoland Windsor Resort in the UK. Constructed over the course of a weekend by visitors, guests and park employees, this ode to one of our fave gals might inspire a visit across the pond.
2. Giving Back is the New Black ($36): This. Shirt. YES.
3. The Mindful Art Subscription: This cool subscription from the folks at Holstee delivered an inspiring piece of art to you every month. Each card is letterpressed and includes a pre-stamped envelope so you can share last month’s art with someone you love.
4. Vintage American Flag Hat ($49): How cool is this? It’s part of Urban Outfitter’s Urban Renewal Vintage collection, made of one-of-a-kind items sourced from allover the world. Though it’s sold out now, it’s given us a new reason to visit Urban on the daily.
Dubbed Art Lies, this series by Brazilian artist Lorenzo Castellini is a mashup of figures and scenes on the streets of São Paulo with iconic works of art by artists like Picasso and Frida Kahlo. (h/t designboom)
6. Stay Focused Pouch ($12): Summertime vibes are in the air, so don’t forget to stay focused!
7. Printable Packing List: We love this handy printable by Designlovefest.
For the entire month of may, artist Nicko Phillips has decided to re-imagine George Costanza as a series of pop culture icons. Super random, and pretty amazing. (h/t Incredible Things)
9. Textile Crush: Aelfie: Color us obsessed with every single thing in the Aelfie catalog.
10. Travel Flask + Shot Glasses ($39): Camping trips, Sunday picnics and sunny getaways all call for a portable bar. Cheers!