This Shay Mitchell-Approved Sweater Shape Will Be #1 on Your Fall Wishlist
Sometimes, celebrities just look totally uncomfortable — you know they have to have on layers and layers of Spanx and stuff when they walk the red carpet. So it’s refreshing to see them at their comfiest, wearing totally normal gal things such as the time Lily Aldridge rocked a sweatshirt or when Blake Lively went for a genius hoodie hack.
Shay Mitchell showed her casual side in a recent Instagram snap, where she’s wearing a chic sweater for the coming chilly months. It’s boxy, cropped and has a turtleneck — and it looks good with everything. Whether you’re rocking a pencil skirt at work or sweats on the couch, you’re going to want one. Here are 10 to consider.
1. Wilfred Free Lin Sweater ($165): This pretty, delicate gray sweater would look great with a statement necklace and a skirt, or just as it’s shown here, with black cigarette pants and flat boots.
2. H&M Ribbed Mock Turtleneck ($10): When you want a light layer for a chilly Sunday, try something like this ribbed boxy sweater from H&M. It’s thin enough to keep you from sweating to death when you’re out and about.
3. Free People Artic Fox Sweater ($128): Mustard is trending (the ‘70s palette is still going strong!), and this sweater will look great paired with everything from rich, textural velvets to simple cotton pants.
4. J.O.A. Billy Turtleneck Sweater ($68): How cute is the model’s outfit here? Try this turtleneck with a flirty skirt and over-the-knee boots for a date night look, or just pair it with your favorite low-slung sweatpants for a marathon viewing of Stranger Things.
5. Free People Echo Pullover ($168): Okay, so you really can’t fathom the thought of January right now, but it’s coming. This oversized boxy sweater will be perfect for arming yourself against the bitter cold while staying true to your stylish roots.
6. Paisie Turtleneck With Bell Sleeves ($121): This light gray turtleneck is just as nice with a pleated skirt as it is with knit black pants. Jazz it up with a pair of long statement earrings to get a pop of color.
7. Rivet and Thread Cropped Turtleneck ($52): Bust out those high-waisted jeans that have been sitting in your closet since April, and make a casual outfit with this striped turtleneck. Even better — if you’ve got some overalls lying around, try them out with this sweater too.
8. Brochu Carnaby Wool Blend Turtleneck ($120): The notches on this nubby funnel-neck sweater help it to drape nicely over your jeans without adding any additional bulk. The long, luxurious sleeves will have you pulling this cozy sweater down over your hands all season long.
9. J.O.A. Boxy Turtleneck Sweater ($70): A little ‘60s, a little ‘80s, a lot stylish — this folded-neck sweater would be great with light wash jeans and brown booties. Or, try it with something unexpected, like white jeans and over-the-knee gray boots.
10. French Connection Spring Mozart Pullover ($118): Ribbed, cropped and with a drop-shoulder, this sweater just screams, “I need a glass of wine and a Friday Night Lights marathon ASAP.”
Find more ways to warm up over on our Pinterest recipes boards!
Brit + Co may at times use affiliate links to promote products sold by others, but always offers genuine editorial recommendations.
(Feature photo via Kevin Winter / Getty)