These Sweet and Salty Toffee Graham Bars Have Your Name on Them
Get ready for your mouth to water. These Sweet and Salty Toffee Graham Bars from chef Dawn Perry in partnership with LAY’S® Wavy are going to be your new favorite dessert. At Brit HQ, the plate was gone in seconds. Eyes got wide with the first bite, declarations were made and nearly every employee came back asking for seconds. Head to the store right now to pick up ingredients for these delicious treats. Your taste buds will thank you! And so will your friends and family. Read on for chef Dawn’s indulgent recipe.
<b><br/></b>Makes a LOT
– 15 graham crackers
– 2 ounces LAY’S® Wavy Original Potato Chips, broken into bite-size pieces
– 1 ½ cups salted peanuts, roughly chopped
– 3 sticks unsalted butter, cut into 1-inch pieces
– ¾ cup sugar
– ¼ teaspoon ground cinnamon
– 2 cups semisweet chocolate chips or chopped semisweet chocolate
– flakey sea salt, optional (Malden recommended)
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
2. Line a rimmed baking sheet (standard half sheet, 13×18 inches) with aluminum foil and lightly coat with non-stick spray. Arrange graham crackers in a single layer and sprinkle evenly with chips and peanuts.
3. Combine butter, sugar and cinnamon in a medium saucepan and bring to a boil.
4. Reduce heat and simmer, stirring occasionally until golden brown and slightly thickened, about 10 minutes. Pour toffee mixture evenly over chips and peanuts.
5.Transfer baking sheet to oven and bake until toffee is bubbling and a little bit darker, about 15-20 minutes. Be sure to check on yours after 15 minutes or so since all ovens vary.
6. Sprinkle warm graham crackers with chocolate chips and flakey salt (if using). Give the chocolate three minutes to melt.
7. Let cool completely (you can stick them in the refrigerator to make this happen faster) before breaking into squares.
Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit. Line a rimmed baking sheet (standard half sheet, 13×18 inches) with aluminum foil and lightly coat with non-stick spray. Arrange graham crackers in a single layer.
Combine butter, sugar and cinnamon in a medium saucepan and bring to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer, stirring occasionally until golden brown and slightly thickened, about 10 minutes.
Sprinkle the Graham crackers evenly with chips and peanuts. Then pour toffee mixture evenly over chips and peanuts.
Transfer baking sheet to oven and bake until toffee is bubbling and a little bit darker, about 10 minutes. Sprinkle warm graham crackers with chocolate chips and flakey salt (if using). Give the chocolate three minutes to melt. Let cool completely (you can stick them in the refrigerator to make this happen faster) before breaking into squares.
Some might say these are magically delicious.
No one will complain if you double the recipe ;)
What other ingredient would you sprinkle on these toffee bars? Share your ideas in the comments!
Fall is right around the corner, and we're getting amped up for our next session of Selfmade, Brit + Co's 10-week interactive startup school. Designed to help you create a new business or grow your existing one, this course is personally led by Brit + Co founder Brit Morin and co-founder Anjelika Temple, and supported by more than a dozen of the top female entrepreneurs, creatives, and investors in the country. Students receive personalized coaching on everything from how to get out of your comfort zone to how to scale your business, and everything in between. And now, thanks to Office Depot, even more of you can join the course!
For the fall session, we're thrilled to team up with Office Depot to grant 200 FREE scholarship seats to the course. Scholarships are open to US residents, focusing on women of color, women from underserved and underrepresented communities, and women in need of support to help them trail-blaze. After all, we firmly believe that your support system is a huge part of how you achieve greatness, and we are here to cheer all of you on.
To nominate yourself or someone you know for a scholarship, head to our nomination form right here. The deadline for scholarship nominations is September 27th — it's time to take the leap!
Beyond the scholarship, Office Depot is all about helping you accomplish more. Whether it be the start phase, growth phase or keep businesses going phase, Office Depot offers a full suite of business solutions, including services and products, to help you work from anywhere, organize and save time and help build your brand.
So what are you waiting for? Take a chance on yourself and get yourself one step closer to truly being selfmade. Learn more about the Selfmade program, apply for a scholarship and prepare to be inspired :)