Step into Spring With These 15 Transitional Coats
If you’re like us, the recent arrival of spring already has you thinking about which key pieces you should add to your wardrobe for the season. A new midi, a sundress or a fresh pair of wedges, perhaps? We’ve waited months to see sunshine and flowers, and can’t wait to finally sport bright colors and prints as the weather gets warmer. But what about those tricky days when the clouds roll in and raindrops pour, or the ones where it’s nippy in the morning and scorching by noon? Cue the transitional coat. We found 15 of the most fabulous and functional coats to help you keep up with the changing temps and wonky weather, all while staying super stylish.
1. Via Spiga Color Block Trench ($239): We love that you could keep this jacket on all day and still be rocking an outfit. The pleated color blocking looks like a flirty spring skirt.
2. J. Crew Cotton Peacoat ($188): We typically see peacoats in fall, but this pick is made for spring. It’s lightweight, tailored and boasts a loud orange hue we’re proud to rock this season.
3. Penfield Summer Anorak ($113): The perfect option for those kind of rainy, kind of windy in-between days.
4. Mango Contrast Piped Mac ($132): This trench is a twist on an old classic. Mix things up a little with the contrast between tan and black and some fun piping.
5. Kate Spade Franny Coat ($358): Sail into spring with this bold, nautical pick. The added bow on the back gives it the girly touch we know Kate Spade is always good for.
6. Coat With Pockets ($159): Sunshine in the form of a coat. Oversized pockets and exposed zippers add a funky feel to this simple, sunny piece.
7. Cole Haan Leather Trim A-Line Coat ($395): Keep it simple with this fiery red choice. The brown leather accents on the collar and pockets break up the solid color and a-line shape.
8. YMC Spring Coat ($195): Don’t diss the toggle. This jacket is way trendier than the one you might have worn as a kid with your light-up sneakers.
9. Rainy Day Mac ($178): Pink, blue, yellow and gray have never looked so good together. We’d wear this upbeat trench rain or shine!
10. J. Crew Downtown Field Jacket ($148): Versatility is this jacket’s middle name. We see this as an option you can wear during the day or out at night, casual or dressed up.
11. French Connection Tulip Body Coat ($198): There are few things in the fashion world more wonderful than mixed media pieces. This leather-accented trench is even shaped like a tulip, so we know it’s perfect for spring.
12. Wavey Loose Spring Coat ($115): Bright pink and ruffles? Wavey loose spring coat for the win.
13. Color Block Trench Coat ($100): Not ready to adopt the colorful palettes of spring quite yet? This simple black-and-white color block coat is a solid option that will still keep you warm and covered, without the bulk.
14. Fitted Coat ($50): We admit this jacket would require us to be careful of coffee spills, pizza stains and dirty car doors, but we’re definitely willing to take the risks for this fabulous fitted look.
15. Spring Parka ($158): Stay dry and adorable on a wet spring day thanks to Boden. We think these tiny polka dots are just plain precious.
Which transitional coat do you see yourself weathering the changing seasons with? Let us know in the comments below.