20 Bold Ways to Rock the Floral Print Trend
Floral print isn’t just synonymous with your grandma’s tapestry couch or ‘90s sun dresses anymore. Modern minds have transformed the frilly pattern into something extremely bold using a vibrant color palette (hello neon!) and edgy patterns—and we just can’t get enough. Whether you’re out to make a statement at the office or itching to amp up your look for date night, direct your attention to these 20 bold floral print dresses, like they could possibly go unnoticed anyway!
1. Shakuhachi Rose Block Tee Dress ($229): Roses AREN’T just red. As you see here, they’re still as romantic in neon blue.
2. Flower Slice Column Dress ($78): Mix bold floral graphics with black and white stripes and you’ve got one seriously head turning dress.
3. Ted Baker Longer Length Dress in Bright Floral Print ($318): Now this is the modern way to do girly floral print: blow it up! This extreme close up turns the frilly petals into a more abstract pattern that’s ultra hip.
4. Lipsy Body-Conscious Dress in Mirror Floral Print ($85): Mirror, mirror on my dress? Oh yeah, mirrored floral print is always a win in our book, especially with those curvaceous panels darting out from the hip.
5. Asos Floral Shift Dress ($64): We’re going ga-ga for this neon shift dress. Not only is the color off the charts, but it’s one of those day-to-night numbers that would look just as awesome at the office as it would at the bar.
6. Needle & Thread Floral Organza Dress ($377): This embroidered floral print has totally won over our preppy hearts. The blue and white garden pops like a dream against taupe silk.
7. Floral Gingham Sundress ($76): Here’s another dress that mixes a classic pattern with bold florals, and we’re totally obsessed. The floral clusters look like they’re painted right on—how cool!
9. Paper Dolls Shift Dress With Floral Print Panel ($78): This sporty shift dresses is classed up like woah thanks to this front and back contrast panel that’s full of luscious blossoms. The lace trim adds an extra flirty touch.
10. Coquelicot Dress ($288): Watch jaws drop in the office as you strut to your cubicle in this bold number. Nautical meets floral and we’ve fallen in love.
11. Asos Tee Dress in Bright Floral Print ($85): This relaxed tee dress is the shape of the season, and this posh floral print is the best way to balance its bagginess. Rock with sneaks on the weekends and with a pair of ankle boots during the week.
12. House of Holland Long Sleeved Dress in Pom Pom Print ($255): We guess we’ve been staring at floral print for far too long, ‘cause to us, this pom pom print definitely looks like bursting flowers. But really, who cares—we’d wear a pom pom patterned dress in a heartbeat!
13. Asos Swing Dress With Floral Border Print ($42): Drain the flowers of their color? That might be the boldest move of all! But even in grayscale, this garden looks as scenic as ever on soft jersey.
14. Venice Midi Dress ($398): Every detail of this dress is daring: a long exposed zipper front, contrast dip-dyed trim, and a kaleidoscopic floral print. It’s visually striking, and we totally approve.
15. Feathers and Floral Fantasy Dress ($25): Flowers appear to float like clouds on this casual shift dress. We’re adding this whimsical piece to our “to pack” list for festival season.
16. Alice McCall Come to Bermuda Dress ($430): We’re floored by this see-through sheath maxi dress—oh so proper with its skirt length, yet skimming bombshell status with that cutout bust. Red carpet worthy? You bet!
17. Asos Curve Premium Floral Skater Dress With Buckle Straps ($32): So we had to include a ‘90s throwback on our floral dress roundup, and this trippy blue dress made the cut! Check out those belt straps—so radical.
18. Asos Wiggle Dress in Floral Print With Belt ($91): Your office attire just got a serious upgrade with this monochrome floral print dress. The stellar tailoring and belted waist makes this piece look modern even with its knee-length skirt and three-quarter sleeves.
19. Dolce Vita Hazy Daisy Silk Dress ($220): This resort-ready dress is pretty much perfection. A pastel color palette and modest hem length makes up for the fact that there’s, like, absolutely no back (a total win in the summertime though!)
20. Madison Ave Collection Bowden Dress ($698): An absolute masterpiece—that’s what we think of this watercolor-inspired dress that blends bold blooms against a blue ombre sheath. It’s a luxe look if we’ve ever seen one.
Which dress is your favorite? How do you rock floral print? Do you go big and bold or do you stick to more traditional palettes? Tell us in the comments below.
It can be intimidating to step out on your own and build a business from the ground up. As part of our collaboration with Office Depot, we're talking with Selfmade alum and solopreneur Colette Lawrence, the faith-based motivator and relationship builder behind The M.E.E. Movement, about ways in which women in business can find success.
B + C: How did you know M.E.E. Movement was your business to start?
The M.E.E Movement represents motivation, empowerment, and encouragement for women. It is what represents me. I did not know at first that it was my business to start, but then the thought of monetizing what I loved came to me. It scared me, however. I registered the business in July 2020 and have been slowly building my wings since.
B + C: What's one strategy that's helped you start your business?
Thinking through and researching what the requirements are to start my business, and then asking questions of people who are in the business. Not all advice worked; however, it helped me to figure out what I needed to do and not to do.
B + C: Did you always know life coaching would be your entrepreneurial path?
(Smiles) No, I did not. I 'stumbled" on it. I knew that people were always coming to me for advice and I found that I loved having conversations with them, especially with women, young and old.
B + C: What was your most valuable takeaway from Selfmade?
My most valuable takeaway was the first day of training: Get out of your own way. There were a lot of great moments and important takeaways from every presenter. However, getting out of my own way, pushing past doubts, was for me my most valuable takeaway. Doing something that I had never done before took courage. If I do not focus on what is happening with me mentally then I cannot deliver to my clients successfully.
B + C: What's one piece of advice you would give to female entrepreneurs on the brink of starting?
Get out of your head. You have something to offer. You have what you need to succeed so go ahead and do it.
B + C: How do you stay motivated?
I stay motivated by listening to music and listening to motivational speakers, and sometimes someone will just reach out and talk about the impact that I made in their life. That adds the extra juice or sauce I need to pummel through the day.
B + C: What's your best organizational tip?
Keep a diary and journal. It's the best way for me to keep organized and it also provides a source motivation as I record not only my "losses" but my wins as well.
B + C: Who inspires you in the entrepreneurial space?
Shirley Toliver – She motivates and empowers and makes me always want to show up.
B + C: What has receiving the Office Depot scholarship to Selfmade done to help you start or grow your business?
The scholarship was a blessing in that all the areas that were covered offered valuable information that I needed, from social media to HR. As a new business owner, I needed to know this to increase my own personal awareness in what it takes to run a successful business. The candidness of the presenters made it easy to see myself in their shoes and helped me to realize that I can also get there.
Want to feel motivated to take the next step for your business? Let Office Depot OfficeMax give you the confidence you need with a suite of business services & solutions to help you put your best foot forward. Make a good first impression with business cards & build the business pitch of your dreams with custom presentations. With Office Depot OfficeMax you'll find the tools to reach new customers with confidence.
Head to Office Depot's Selfmade page to check out even more amazing business resources (and discounts!) to help you accomplish more on your entrepreneurial journey. These offers are available for a limited time only, so be sure to take advantage of all this goodness while supplies last. Want to join the next Selfmade cohort this summer? Check out all of the scholarship details right here.