Spring Forward: 15 Ways to Rock This Season’s Midi Trend
Step aside maxis and minis — it’s time for midis to shine! Hitting right at or slightly below the knee, midi-length dresses and skirts are definitely a welcome blast from the past. They may have been all the rage in the ’40s, but styles ranging from bright floral prints to flowy fabrics have revitalized them, making them perfect for gals of this century as well. As we eagerly await warmer temperatures, here are 15 fashionable and modern ways for you to get ready for spring’s midi trend!
1. Lashes of London Wrap Dress ($46): The contrasting piping and peekaboo cutout midriff adds a fun and flirty touch to this bright floral print.
2. ASOS In Lace Print ($82): The cuffed sleeve paired with the ornamental lace print make this dress fit for a sophisticated night out.
3. Fionna Porcelain Printed Midi ($28): A beautifully delicate pattern for the polished and dainty part in all of us.
($68): This dress is so comfy, you may forget how stylish you look! There’s a ton of DIY potential with this one as well.
6. Tia Tartan Scuba Midi ($37): All you need is a bagpipe and a plane ticket to Scotland. You’d fit right in. ;)
8. B. Jones Style Skirt ($90): We love that this vintage midi skirt is reminiscent of the original skirts from the ’40s. We’re also suckers for anything with box pleats.
9. In Rotation Midi Dress ($48): This simple yet sexy LBD is a prime candidate for a fancy date night. That sleek, modern cuff is definitely on our wish list too.
Fashion Star, this dress is absolutely fabulous from its sleek waistline, to the tiny cutouts down to the high-low hemline.
12. Nasty Gal Check It Dress ($34): Check it out! ;) Even race-track-esque prints can be stylish when they’re used to make a midi!
13. Zara Floral Dress ($40): Yup, prints that look like your grandmother’s couch are coming back too. And the best part of this dress? It has pockets!
color of the year than through a midi dress? We’re really loving the retro vibe of this printed fabric as well.
15. Zara Printed Dress ($50): With its combination of a sleek boat neck and an extremely colorful floral print, this dress basically embodies everything that is spring fashion.