We’re kicking off a new series here at Brit + Co. Seeing as we review different trends and topics in the world of tech on a weekly basis, it only makes sense that we drum up something similar for fashion. Introducing Trend of the Week!
Stripes will always be awesome in their nautical by nature way, but clothing racks all over town seem to be all about polka dots. Here are 12 pieces we fell instantly in love with, including picks from J. Crew, Kate Spade, Need Supply, ModCloth, and more.
1. Polka Dot Verdugo Skinny Jeans ($190): We’ll start with a classic pair of black skinny jeans, made way more whimsical with a bold dot pattern. Stay tuned for how to DIY this look later this week.
2. Sea Polka Dot Combo T ($214): This silk georgette Steven Alan top is a beauty, and features dots in dots!
3. Riley in Polka Dot ($250): Definitely on the splurge-ish end of the spectrum, this gorgeous tote from Rennes is made using distressed brown cowhide leather handles and woven seersucker cotton.
4. Bobble Hat ($32): Sure we can have a bikini and winter hat in the same post, we live in San Francisco! Love the yellow pom pom on top.
5. Polka Dot Pocket Square ($32): Say that three times fast!
6. Polka Dot Tie-Neck Dress ($198): It’s a vintage-inspired look for the modern gal. This navy frock features oversized polka dots and a retro tie at the front.
7. Teal Umbrella ($36): Full Disclosure: There are plenty of options when it comes to a polka dot umbrella but only one with the name “Un-teal It Stops Raining.” Love it. For more umbrellas, check out our rainy roundup.
9. Le Pavilion iPad Sleeve ($50): This iPad sleeve has a decidedly French look with it’s classic black and white dots and crimson interior.
12. Polka Dot Nail Wraps ($8): Finally, some nail art! You can try DIYing polka dots with a little toothpick action, but these nail stickers are so easy to put on and last for much longer than a regular mani.
We came across so much good stuff in the world of polka dots that we decided to create an entire Pinterest board dedicated to going dotty. We’ll keep adding stuff to the board as we find it… until we get bored of dots, of course.
Send us links to your favorite polka dot pieces in the comments below and we’ll add them to the board. Stay dotty!