30 Trendy Tribal + Tropical Styles
As the weather gets hotter, we dream more and more about jet setting to a tropical paradise surrounded by exotic birds, jungle beasts, and fizzy summer cocktails. But back in reality where we’re holding it down at Brit HQ, we still need some sort of outlet to can unleash our inner cabana girls. These 30 flashy tribal and tropical styles are sure to do the trick!
1. Knitted Tropical Parrot Sweater ($68): Who’s that peeking out between the palm trees? This camouflaged parrot would surely create a stir on any sweater with its vivid colors and curious expression.
2. African Chevron Jersey Tapered Trousers ($56): Jagged chevron combines zebra print and pops of neon to create this fun geometric pattern. An elastic waistband and relaxed fit make this pant a go-to for all day outings or all-night ragers.
3. Zebra Crop Tee ($38): “Double zebra on my sleeves, what does it mean?” It’s just the kind of wacky question we’d expect from anyone wearing this totally wild crop top.
4. Jungle T Shirt ($77): Even snow leopards need a tropical getaway sometimes! This big cat print is paired with sprawling jungle flora to give this short t-shirt dress some heft.
5. Vintage Wood & Shell Parrot Necklace ($64): This chunky statement necklace is an awesome piece to put on when the sun is shining bright. Pair with a plain crew neck T-shirt and a khaki circle skirt to channel your inner safari guide.
6. Watermelon Crop Tank ($48): Could this crop top be the cutest tank of all time? The adorable watermelon graphic makes it a contender for sure.
7. New Tribal Suede Heel ($40): When nude pumps get a jungle-style makeover, they turn into these fierce suede heels. Its modern take on cheetah print is super chic.
8. Palm Tree Intarsia Sweater ($225): This wool sweater is co-co-nuts! Cartoony palm trees naturally bow down before the queen of the jungle.
9. Peacock Silk Dress ($118): Peacocks are certainly an exotic looking bird, even when stripped of their royal blue hue. Bejeweled sepia-toned feathers makes this dress straight up stunning.
10. Finchittidia Finch Drop Necklace ($60): We love the precise laser-cut affect that gives unique dimension to this temple-inspired necklace. Rock it with gold stackable rings and a turquoise stone cuff.
11. Forest Leather Flat Sandal ($45): These leather slingback sandals are beautifully woven into a linear tribal pattern. The bright yellow hue is just the kind of cheerful color perfect for your next pedicure.
12. Fruity Skater Skirt ($70): How can you not be happy in this adorable skater skirt? Even the sad face fruit makes us smile! We’re definitely adding its matching tank to the list of crop tops that we’d wear.
13. Jersey Pencil Skirt in Tribal Print ($221): The earth-toned mosaic pattern on this tribal print pencil skirt makes it exist in a style class of its own. Not to mention midi skirts like this one are totally on trend.
14. Amy Multi Sandal (roughly $78): These amazing beaded sandals are handcrafted by Masai tribes in Africa, showing off their amazing skill for craft, color, and design. Each foot is crowned with a dazzling one-of-a-kind headdress.
15. The Tropical Pom Pom Short ($32): Flirty pom pom trim dangles off the edge of these tropical shorts. Their sun-faded finish leaves you in charge of soaking up the rest of those rays!
16. Vintage Palm Tree Hologram Sunglasses ($48): Ah, hologram sunglasses. They’ve stayed close to our hearts since the ’90s, so we’ve got a nostalgic soft spot for this pair that reflects an intriguing desert oasis.
17. Tribe Harder Shift Dress ($60): We love this minimal take on tribal patterned style. Horizontal lines add surprising shape to the waist, bust and hem lines over the thick swirling blocks.
18. Drifter Sunny Backpack ($146): When you’re heading to the cabana, you’ve got to pack up your goods in true tropical style. A convenient front pouch accommodates beach necessities like sunscreen so your towel and tiki skirt can take up the main compartment.
19. The Printed Jungle Skinny Jean ($98): Lilies and tigers and palms oh my! These white denim jeans make the jungle seem like a fairytale fit for the wild at heart.
20. Tribal Aztec Crop Tee ($24): We love the kaleidoscope effect of this crop top. The mix of patterns and fabrics is what makes it so undeniably cool.
21. Coco Orange Chinko Necklace ($90): This mixed-material choker is a really rad take on a bib necklace. If the neon lucite cutout and coral zig zag threading don’t do it for you, then the golden brass chains are sure to put it over the edge.
22. Woven Tee Dress in Palm Print ($213): Be the babe of the beach hut in this demure dress. Its simple palm pattern and easy t-shirt shape give it effortless elegance.
23. Birds of Paradise Bomber ($58): When paradise gets breezy, cover up in style. Adorned with fanciful winged creatures, this coat is fully lined and lightly padded to give you that classic bomber jacket shape.
25. Jungle Cat T-shirt ($93): Chester Cheetah has a doppelgänger on this crew neck T-shirt. Are you a cool enough cat to rock this casual look?
26. Beaded African Print Shorts ($76): These diamond patterned shorts are a real work of art. The crocodile-like cross stitch is a beautiful background for those gorgeous yellow beads.
27. Oversized T-Shirt with Tribal Sequins ($111): When the sun hits the sequins on this ornate top, you’ll be stealing its spotlight. Cap sleeves and a longline shape make this the ultimate tribal patterned party top.
28. Rio Sunset Flat Sandal ($347): Palm tree cutouts make the most tropical shadows as the sun sets on these strappy sandals. We love the ombre fade from lilac to red brushed above the peep toe.
29. Tropical Paradise Blazer ($65): Dare to wear this busy neon blazer on your next summer evening outing. Jet black detailing and a mirrored pattern give this piece an ultra contemporary feel.
30. Romper in Tribal Print ($48): We love the colorful lining cutting through the browns and whites of this tribal patterned romper. A triangle cutout on the back of this piece gives it a playful touch.
What are your favorite warm-weather patterns? Do you wear bolder styles in the summertime? Tell us in the comments below!