For many of us, 2017 was a doozy, but we here at Brit + Co are ready to hit refresh in 2018! Follow our Hit Refresh series through January for new ideas, hacks, and skills that will help you achieve (and maintain!) those New Year’s resolutions.
We hope you had a beautiful holiday filled with family, friends, and Christmas cookies… we know we did! Now that it’s almost time for the New Year, we sat back and thought about how we wanted to start 2018. We all want to feel refreshed, rejuvenated, and re-energized, so that’s why we created your FREE 5 Day Detox Plan! We’re all doing it together as a team from January 1 to January 5!
It includes a meal-by-meal guide, lots of science-backed info on detoxifying foods, total body toning and rejuvenating yoga workouts, new recipes including detox desserts, and lifestyle tips and motivation to have your best year ever. Sign up for the Detox HERE to join us and feel amazing and confident in the new year!
Today we’re giving you a sneak peek and sharing our five best tips to detox your body, space, and mind.
1. Hydrate, hydrate, hydrate. The key to feeling refreshed and energized is always hydration — you might sometimes be dragging because you’re actually dehydrated! Water carries nutrients to your cells and flushes out the toxins that are stored throughout your body. Lots of water is needed for your organs to carry out their duties, so aim to drink at least 90 ounces of water throughout the day while you’re on the Detox Plan. For a more flavorful and extra detoxifying sip, try squeezing a lemon into your water.
2. Get your sweat sesh in. Daily workouts will release toxins from your body and boost your production of feel-good endorphins. Throughout the detox, we’ll be doing daily Toning Moves, high-intensity interval training, rejuvenating yoga flows, and more. Plus, we encourage you to go on long walks to refresh your body and mind.
3. Sip on detoxifying tea. We love winding down at night with milk thistle tea. It helps detoxify your liver and it’s an antioxidant powerhouse!
4. Clean out your closet. It’s so freeing to let go of possessions you no longer need. Go through your closet and donate any items that you haven’t worn in the last year. Now that you’ve cleaned out your closet, think about what apparel make you feel the most confident. What inspires you for your workout? Create a space in your closet where you can set out your fave yoga pants, tanks, sports bras, sneakers, and socks.This makes it so easy to grab your gear when you’re running out the door for your workout!
5. Let go of negativity. Detox your mind too. Pick up a journal and pen and write down five things that you’re going to let go from your mind in the new year. This could be anything that doesn’t serve you — toxic thoughts and conversations, negative self talk, or fears that are holding you back from achieving your dreams. Anytime you find these thoughts popping into your mind, think back to this list and your intention to let it go.
2018 is going to be your year to shine. You’ve got this!
Sign up for your FREE 5 Day Detox HERE. We can’t wait to start with you January 1st!
(Photos via Tone It Up)