Rustic, romantic and breathtaking – a Tuscan wedding is all of these things and more. But even if you can’t fly overseas and celebrate surrounded by rolling hills or a gorgeous villa backdrop, there are still plenty of fun ways to bring the spirit of Italy straight to your own venue. From designing innovative food bars to stringing up dreamy twinkle lights, these 12 ideas make it easy to unleash your creativity and host a terrific Tuscan wedding no one will ever forget.
1. Olive Branch Cloth Invitation: Get guests excited right from the start by sending out cloth invitations featuring an olive-branch wreath design. Want to carry the idea even further? Create handkerchief programs loved ones can use when wiping away their tears of joy. (via Arina B Photography)
2. Olive Branch + Rosemary Flower Crown: Boho brides will adore this DIY flower crown made with olive branches, rosemary, dried lavender, daises and more. Recreate your own for a headpiece so pretty that you’ll never miss the conventional veil. (via Em the Gem)
3. Olive Branch Bridal Bouquet: Tuscan-themed weddings call for olive branches galore, so why not go all out and make them a part of your bridal bouquet? Pair the leaves with pink and white florals for an understated look, or punch things up with orange and yellow blooms for a more colorful spin. (via Stacey Pentland Photography)
4. Olive Bar: Fun food bars are a cocktail-hour must. For a guaranteed crowd pleaser, display your favorite olive and bread varieties, plus oil and vinegar for dipping. You can also serve other small bites, like dried fruit and cheese, on the side. (via Thornhaven Estate)
5. Bruschetta Bar: What’s an Italian wedding without a make-your-own-bruschetta bar? Mango-sweet pepper, Greek salad and avocado toppings are sure to look especially tasty in glass containers with twine-tied signs. (via Reality and Retrospect Photography)
6. Garden Terrace Reception Setting: Whether you’ll be tying the knot at an actual Tuscan villa or celebrating closer to home, an outdoor garden terrace makes the perfect setting for a rustic-chic reception. Here, a subtle peach-gold color scheme keeps things classy, while book and fruit table accents lend a relaxed look. (via Emma Innocenti)
7. Twinkle Light Reception Decor: Nothing beats dancing and dining beneath strands of gleaming twinkle lights. For loads of romantic ambiance, choose clear bulbs and try stringing the lights between trees. Flickering candles on long wooden reception tables can also help create a warm and inviting glow. (via Rochelle Cheever)
8. Sunflower + Lemon Tablescape: An open-air vineyard reception is breathtakingly beautiful and totally Tuscan. When creating your tablescape, let sunflowers and lemons add delightful pops of color alongside herb-filled tin pails. (via Lisa Poggi)
9. Rustic Place Settings: A farm-to-table meal seems all the more appropriate when you use wooden cutting boards in place of chargers and serve paper-wrapped bread loaves instead of dinner rolls. Rosemary stems at each place setting can also provide the ideal finishing touch. (via Clayton Austin)
10. Pizza Buffet: So long, chicken and beef. Wood-fired pizzas are a much more creative meal choice. Keep everyone happy by pairing flavorful favorites like Margherita with original takes like pear and gorgonzola. (via Hannah D Photography)
12. Olive Oil Favors: Give guests a great big “grazie” by letting them take home glass bottles filled with olive oil and rosemary sprigs. There’s no telling what types of tasty Italian recipes they’ll decide to whip up. (via Amalie Orrange Photography)
What’s your favorite Tuscan wedding idea? Share some creative inspiration below.