20 Wedding Ceremony Backdrops Perfect for Fall
As far as outdoor scenery goes, it’s hard to beat the bursting color scheme Mother Nature churns out for fall. Red, gold, yellow, orange, green… the list goes on. If you’re planning on embracing the season’s tame weather and beautiful landscape, you’re going to need an equally impressive backdrop to match. Get inspired by these 20 warm, festive backdrops that’ll take an autumn wedding from simply seasonal to sensational.
1. Autumn Arbor: Well, it doesn’t get much more festive than this. With floating candles, nestled red apples and rustic brown draping, this backdrop embodies all our favorite things about fall. (via Wedding Chicks)
2. Garland Curtain: Here’s an inventive way to use garland: Drape two large pieces of fabric from an archway and tie them open to create a curtain-like effect. Then use two pieces of whatever kind of garland you like best to frame the fabric. (via The Knot)
4. Leaves and Glass: Well hello fall. Use some of the season’s warm leaves and pair them with a cool display like this old window. Throwing in a little hay will also work wonders for an autumn vibe. (via Style Me Pretty)
5. Moody Beauty: If your wedding falls more on the winter side of autumn, chances are most those leaves are going to be brown and on the ground. Add in some vibrance with bright pops of a saturated red like in this display. (via The Wedding Scope)
8. A Dapper Doorway: Flowers don’t have to be the main focus of your backdrop. Try something like this setup, where two rustic saloon doors are the main attraction and the flowers are simply used as an accent. (via Wedding Chicks)
9. Antler Arbor: Keep things vibrant with pops of yellow, pink and red in the floral arrangement and add a rustic fall touch with a pair of antlers at the center of the backdrop. (via Style Me Pretty)
13. Moss Masterpiece: Autumn can get pretty chilly. If your ceremony is set indoors, you can still embrace the season — just simplify things a little bit. This delicate display with a moss base beautifully brings the outdoors inside. (via Project Wedding)
15. Fading Foliage: Oh my ombre! Make sure the ceremony and reception are in the same spot if you got for something like this because that backdrop is just begging to be instagrammed by all. (via Green Wedding Shoes)
17. Cascading Leaves: Rake up those fallen leaves and give them a new life as a backdrop. Arrange them in an ombre pattern or just paste them onto a board in random order. Either option will look both festive and fun. (via Ruffled)
18. Pumpkin Pickings: Forget about all that overhead business. This backdrop is lush enough on its own, so this couple decided to add a fall element by arranging pumpkins and other various types of squash around a blanket. (via Green Wedding Shoes)
20. A Little Bit of Everything: Streamers are never a bad idea. This arrangement with the rustic wood, leafy overhead and twisted lights looks great as is, but if you want to give it a real fall feeling, just swap out these subdued steamer colors for shades of green, yellow, red and orange. (via Junebug Weddings)
Which of these is your favorite? Did you use an awesome backdrop at your wedding? Share a pic with us!