17 Unconventional and Unique Diamond Engagement Rings
Not gonna lie, last month’s birthstone roundup of stunning Aquamarine engagement rings set the bar pretty high. But April’s birthstone, the much-loved diamond, is proving it means nothing but business when it comes to gorgeous non-traditional engagement rings. Though these brilliant gems may seem like the modern engagement rings of yesteryear, the saying “diamonds are forever” still rings true — especially when it comes to alternative colored diamonds and ultra contemporary styles. If you’re an April babe or love the look of unconventional engagement rings but want to stick with the classic diamond gemstone, opt for one of these 17 unique diamond rings below.
1. Monica Vinader Stellar Diamond Stacking Ring ($368): Forget aquamarine, this blue pavé diamond ring is the real deal. The rose gold and brilliant blue combo is the alternative engagement ring at its finest. Appreciate its beauty alone or stack it with other pieces.
2. Mociun Radiant Cut White Diamond Solitaire Ring (Price on Request): Play up the geometric trend with this glam ring that features one radiant cut white diamond. Its unique setting is one that’ll catch any modern bride’s eye.
3. Marquise Diamond Engagement Ring With Pavé Diamonds ($730): Straight out of a fairytale, this ultra-feminine ring is just the thing to welcome your happily-ever-after. The unique setting surrounded by pavé diamonds would look stunning with a few other custom gold bands, or even on its own.
4. Yannis Sergakis Adornments Six Diamonds Ring ($592): Delicate and dainty, this engagement ring is the minimalist bride’s dream bling. Made of 18k yellow gold with six bezel set diamonds, the beautifully understated ring is perfect alone or for stacking with other dainty pieces.
5. Pamela Love 18k Gold Ajna Ring ($1,800): You’ll definitely want to keep an *eye* on this edgy-meets-glam engagement ring. From the striking pattern of snake skin to the tiny diamond eyes, this beauty will bring you Medusa-like power.
6. Pamela Love Chevron Reveal Ring ($1,400): With black diamonds looking this fierce, it’s a wonder they aren’t the norm. Paired with a romantic rose gold finish, this head-turning black diamond combines minimalist and feminine styles for a truly one-of-a-kind ring.
7. Tura Sugden Crystalized Diamond Slice Solitaire ($3,450): Inspired by fireworks, this sparkler from Tura Sugden isn’t one to disappoint. The rose-cut white diamond slice has both 18k and 22k gold, lending a *super* unique look.
8. EF Collection Pavé Diamond Zigzag Stack ($528): Take a break from tradition with this distinctive zigzag diamond ring. Whether you appreciate it for its contemporary style, or it’s symbolic of something deeper (sticking with your partner through the ups and downs of life), this ring will look flawless on any bride-to-be.
9. Anna Sheffield Hazeline Solitaire Ring Black Diamond ($3,400): If you identify with an avant-garde style, say hello to this gorg black diamond ring. Flanked by small white diamond accents, the large black diamond is set in rose gold and is absolutely swoon-worthy.
10. Tura Sugden Lace Ring With Apricot Pear Diamond ($1,725): When it comes to gorgeous gemstones, this apricot pear diamond doesn’t mess around. Its intricately designed band and unique pear-shaped diamond is a refreshing yet vintage-inspired take on the traditional diamond ring.
11. EF Collection Open Diamond Trio Ring ($795): Transcend convention with this open diamond ring that has twice the sparkle factor. Made of 14k gold and petite diamonds, this dazzler is perfect for the boho bride.
12. Raw Diamond Twig Engagement Ring ($450+): Even when raw, the diamond rivals all other gemstones. The natural cut of this traditionally pristinely-cut diamond would look beautiful with a few hammered gold bands.
13. Mociun Shield Cut Gray Diamond Ring (Price on Request): Your friends won’t be able to stop ogling this stunner. The two gray diamonds and a diamond pavé in the center make for one futuristic design.
14. Yvonne Leon Les Vivianes Ring ($4,326): Designed by Parisian jeweler Yvonne Leon, this 18-karat yellow gold ring covered in dazzling white diamonds is the one for the fab and fierce bride. It’s perfect if you’re looking for a little vintage decadence with a contemporary twist.
15. EF Collection Diamond Crown Ring ($895): This contemporary spin on the traditional yellow gold and diamond combo is fit for a modern day queen. The crown-shaped design decked out in pavé diamonds is sure to win your hand with its elegance alone.
16. Polly Wales “Coco” Ring ($6,587): Vintage meets modern in this stunning ring. Featuring a gorgeous cushion-cut diamond bordered by six baguette diamonds, this sparkler will shine bright like (a whole lotta) diamonds.
17. Polly Wales “Rose-cut diamond” Ring ($3,294): This beautiful halo gold band is set with rose-cut gray diamonds and makes your normal engagement ring look all too ordinary. Your friends won’t even be able to guess that those gorgeous gray stones are actually real diamonds!