42 Unique Gifts for the Person Who Has Everything
We all have that one friend that seems to have everything, which is great for them — but not for you and your holiday gift shopping checklist. (If you don’t know who that friend is, it may be you.) Here are some unique, practical, weird, interesting, and amazing gift ideas even your pickiest pal will love.
1. Cat Shaped Essential Oil Diffuser ($69): Sure, you probably have an essential oil diffuser. But do you have one that’s in the shape of a cat?
2. Bulleit Bourbon 10 Year ($29+): For the bourbon (or cocktail) aficionado, this whisky is aged for a minimum of 10 years in a charred American white oak barrel. Skip the gift wrap and get the Bulleit Special Edition Lewis Bag ($13), a canvas bottle bag that can be used to crush ice.
3. GSU Light Up Unicorn Slippers ($30): Keep toes toasty in these adorable unicorn slippers. When your friend is ready to take it up a notch, they can switch on the rainbow LED lights hidden inside.
4. La Colombe Chemex Starter Kit ($150): Let them brew specialty coffee at home like a true barista. This Chemex starter kit comes with a brewer, filters, a drip scale, an electric timer, and a bag of La Colombe single-origin coffee.
5. Top Ramen Beanie ($20): From the official makers of the classic college late-night meal, this beanie is for true ramen heads.
6. Soap for Mansplaining ($12): Because we all need this soap in our lives. “This is how coffee smells” scented, in case you needed the reminder. (You don’t.)
7. Plume SuperPod AC3000 Tri-Band Home WiFi System ($400 for 3, Includes lifetime membership): These SuperPods are extremely stylish mesh routers that plug directly into outlets and have two ethernet ports. More importantly, they’ll help create a fast and reliable WiFi network that adapts to your home, provides parental controls and personalized guest access, and can be easily monitored via an app.
8. You’re Not Lost by Maxie McCoy ($16): Everyone could use some positive encouragement. This book has real-life stories from McCoy and other inspirational women to reassure anyone who feels a little aimless that no, they’re not lost.
9. Bored Inc Ruth Bader Ginsburg RBG “I Dissent” Enamel Pin ($10): RBG is the superhero we need but don’t deserve.
10. Oculus Go Standalone Virtual Reality Headset ($199+): Give the gift of escaping reality with VR they can use in the comfort of their own home. They’ll be able to truly immerse themselves in their favorite TV show, movie, video game, or concert. You can even take a virtual tour of various cities around the world.
11. Urban Outfitters Sloth-Shaped Mug ($16): The perfect reflection of how they feel (and act) before their morning coffee.
12. Frog and Toad Press Cold Pizza Club Patch ($5): There are two types of people: Those who like cold pizza and those who are wrong. Let your buddy show that they’re on the right side of this very important debate.
13. MeUndies Onesie ($78): Wearing this relaxed fit, soft onesie will make them feel like they’re lounging in their most comfortable undies all day, in the best way.
14. OHME Smash the Patriarchy Earrings ($73): Grab a pair of these of powerful hoops for yourself and every member of your badass squad.
15. Lord Jones Limited Edition All Natura High CBD Holiday Gumdrops ($50): Your childhood gumdrops have grown up and gotten fancy. These treats are made with full-spectrum CBD and come in mango chili and sugarplum flavors.
16. Tipsy Elves Believe Ugly Holiday Sweater ($25): If they’re going to believe in anything this holiday season, believe in unicorns.
17. Jelly Belly Harry Potter Chocolate Wand ($11): Accio chocolate! (Into their mouth.)
18. Hidrate Spark 2.0A Smart Water Bottle ($45): Like their mom who always told them to drink more water, this bottle will flash a light to remind them to hydrate throughout the day.
19. Le Labo Discovery Set ($85): Le Labo makes the most luxurious-smelling fragrances. If your BFF is looking to find a new signature scent, this set will let them sample four of the brand’s most popular perfumes.
20. Arcade1Up Galaga Machine ($299): Let them embrace their inner child with a throwback arcade game. This four-foot tall Galaga machine has an original joystick and button controls setup.
21. Nordic Ware Smiley Face Pancake Pan ($36): Brighten their breakfast time with some smiley face pancakes.
22. What Do You Meme? Mean Girls Expansion Pack ($13): This grool expansion pack for party game What Do You Meme? finally did it: It made fetch happen.
23. KidsFunwares Tricerataco Taco Holder ($40, Set of 2): Taco Tuesday is better with a pair of Tricerataco holders.
24. Nintendo Switch Console ($299): If they like their video games portable, the Nintendo Switch is the game console for them. Your friend can play at home or on the go, and the game selection is sure to please.
25. Bob Ross Heat Changing Mug ($18): Pour some hot coffee or tea into this mug and watch a serene Bob Ross landscape painting appear.
26. simplehuman Sensor Mirror SE ($160): Unflattering bathroom lights got them down?Get them this mirror instead. It lights up automatically when a face gets near, magnifies details (in a good way), and simulates natural sunlight so they’ll know exactly how their makeup looks before they walk out the door.
27. Polaroid Mint Instant Print Digital Camera ($110): Polaroid goes pocket-sized with this slim camera and printer combo. Snap a pic and then print an instant photo sticker in color, black and white, or sepia tones.
28. ban.do Party On Wine Glasses ($24 for 2): Let these wine glasses do the talking. (They’re also suitable for drinking non-wine beverages too.)
29. Funko Pop! Royal Wedding: The Duke and Duchess of Sussex ($20): Obsessed with Harry and Meghan? Same. Our royal wedding invitation must have gotten lost in the mail too.
30. Urban Outfitters Huggable Avocado Cooling + Heating Pad ($29): Avocados can do no wrong — at brunch, in guac, or as a cooling/heating pad.
31. slip for beauty sleep Black & White Leopard Pillowcase ($85): Give the gift of true beauty rest with a silk pillowcase that won’t cause sleep creases or bedhead.
32. Bad Girls Throughout History: 100 Remarkable Women Who Changed the World by Ann Shen ($20): Who runs the world? Bad girls. Dive into the ceiling-breaking stories of artists, scientists, warriors, and other incredible women who paved the way for all of us.
33. Smoko Toast Hand Warmers ($45+): Does your friend always complain about their drafty office? Their hands will stay toasty-warm with these fingerless gloves that can be set to multiple heat levels.
34. Game of Thrones 3D Dragon Egg Puzzle Set ($40): Is your BFF counting down the days until the final season? This 3D puzzle set comes with all three dragon eggs and should keep them occupied until Game of Thrones makes its triumphant return.
35. Google Smart TV Kit: Google Home Mini and Chromecast ($74): Hook up their home and TV with these smart devices and streamline their life — and their entertainment.
36. Parachute Classic Bathrobe ($99): This spa-worthy bathrobe feels like a plush hug. They’ll never want to take it off.
37. Portal from Facebook ($200): This smart camera moves with you and others to keep everyone in the frame, so they can go ahead and walk around or cook dinner while catching up with friends and family (like you!).
38. LuMee Kimoji Collage Lighted iPhone Case ($80): Let Kim K, the reigning queen of selfies, inspire them to take their own lit selfies. This light-up phone case will set up the proper lighting, and the Kimojis will remind them that it’s okay to have an ugly crying face every now and then.
39. ZonLi Weighted Blanket ($76+): Weighted blankets are said to help with anxiety and sleep, but if nothing else, they will at least help deter any nearby blanket-hoggers.
40. Llama Desk Duster ($15): This cute pink llama duster is almost better than owning the real thing: It fits on your desk and will never spit at you.
41. Rumpl The Down Blanket ($129): Never be cold again with a rainbow down blanket that’s both lightweight and packable.
Bonus: Gift Cards: People like to say gifts are impersonal, but what’s more personal than letting someone choose whatever they want, whenever they want it?
Brit + Co may at times use affiliate links to promote products sold by others, but always offers genuine editorial recommendations.