Swipe right if you’re on the hunt for that *perfect* swimsuit that will inevitably accompany you to the first pool party of the season (and every Hawaiian-themed social thereafter). Same, girl, SAME. Finding a splash-worthy style is more than just knowing the hottest swimsuit trends for 2017; it’s time to expand your repertoire with these 10 emerging designers and brands.
1. Jade Swim: Jade Swim’s minimalist aesthetic and incorporation of sustainable practices is enough to win over any self-proclaimed beach bum. Designed for around-the-clock domination — think: day to night, boardwalk to clubbing — this citrine one-piece featuring a t-back strap and UV protection is straight-up dynamite. Brit + Co Pick: Jade Swim All in One Piece ($198)
2. Lybethras Swimwear: Make a splash this summer with Lybethras’ line of sustainable Brazilian swimwear. Equal parts functional and stylish, each is designed to unleash your inner goddess. While we’re partial to this vibrant orange tassel-strewn bikini top, there’s no shortage of scene-stealing mix-and-match sets to pique your interest this summer. Brit + Co Pick: Lybethras Tass Top Orange ($95)
3. Rye: Here comes COLOR! The founders behind Rye, Alyssa Carter and Bonnie O’Hare, apply their zest for life to their debut swimwear line characterized by dynamic color juxtaposition. Speaking of which: We’ll take some of this striped goodness right here. Please and thanks. Brit + Co Pick: Rye Tutti-Fruiti Bikini ($205)
4. Revel Rey: Despite being the new kid on the block, Revel Rey is already doing BIG things. The founder Audrey “Rey” Swanson draws inspiration from exotic destinations like Bora Bora and Maui when designing her custom prints. Bring on a summer of scandal with this sunset-inspired one-piece that caters to the bold and thrill-seeking set. Brit + Co Pick: Revel Rey Grace Jones Sunset One Piece ($154)
5. L’Port: Fact: We can’t get enough of L’Port’s collection of reversible swimsuits. Be prepared to splurge (and swoon hard), but rest assured that each suit has been thoughtfully designed with the utmost attention to detail. Maximize your beachwear wardrobe with this festi-cool scoop-neck one-piece flaunting a tribal print on one side, majestic blue on the other. Brit + Co Pick: L’Port Swim Suzy Full Coverage One Piece ($268)
6. Same Swim: Leave it to blogger and style influencer Shea Marie to launch a swimwear line that actually lives up to the hype. LA-based lifestyle brand, Same Swim, aims to strike a balance between wearable and trend-right — click-worthy yet classic — a la their capsule of sporty halter tops, girly bralets, and badaboom-ready one-pieces. Proceed to pack a tropical punch with this lime and magenta bikini that’s ready for some fun in the sun. Brit + Co Pick: Same Swim The Catch Top in Lime Sherbert ($225) + Same Swim The Tease Tie Side Bottom in Lime Sherbert ($185)
7. Made by Dawn: Cue the frills: Made by Dawn specializes in delightfully romantic designs with a West Coast simplicity. This yellow-pink tie-dye bikini featuring a playful pleated halter top is all sorts of fancy. We can’t help but think it would be perfect for an upcoming honeymoon or a Bahamas getaway. Brit + Co Pick: Made by Dawn Angel Top in Sun Ray ($154) + Made by Dawn Angel Bottom ($134)
8. Une Piece: Modest-is-hottest crowd, meet your match. If there was ever a time to invest in a sexy rashguard (there, we said it), it’s now. Australian brand Une Piece paves the way for sophisticated and refined resortwear with their best-selling “sexie rashie” that’s anything but matronly. This red haute Bay Watch-inspired one-piece is officially on our radar. Brit + Co Pick: Une Piece Original Sexie Rashie Red ($195)
9. Her. Swimwear: In lieu of fleeting swimwear trends that disappear after only one season, Her. Swimwear is synonymous with timeless styles you can wear for a lifetime. Exhibit A: This refreshingly simple one-piece, sporting clean lines and a feminine silhouette, is a perennial staple you’ll reach for in years to come. And here’s the kicker: It comes in millennial pink (our weakness). Brit + Co Pick: Her. Swimwear Romy in Pistol Pink ($195)
10. Wolven Threads: If you’re in the market for a kaleidoscopic swimsuit, then Wolven Threads is your best bet. Inspired by the “sacred geometry” found within nature, the eco-friendly brand prides itself upon a young, wild, and carefree aesthetic that’s present in each design. Rock this mesmerizing red flower one-piece to the beach before transitioning it for the p.m. with denim cutoffs and off-duty huaraches. Brit + Co Pick: Wolven Threads Red Flower One Piece ($126)
Which of these emerging swimwear brands are you most excited to shop this summer? Follow us on Pinterest for more swimwear trends!
Brit + Co may at times use affiliate links to promote products sold by others, but always offers genuine editorial recommendations.