These 13 Swimsuit Trends Are Going to Be HUGE in 2017
We know the thought of scoping out swimsuits sounds a bit (or a LOT) crazy — the forecast is still predicting snow in most parts of the country — but if you have a spring break getaway in the books, then you know you need to factor in shipping/trying on/sending back time to ensure you uncover that *perfect* suit. But first things first, your top priority should be keeping tabs on all the season’s trendiest styles (swimsuits with built-in chokers, anyone? We die.). We’ve done the work for you — keep on scrolling for 13 boss babe-approved swimwear trends you’ll want to pack for your upcoming getaway and wear all through summer ‘17.
1. Tassels: To tassel or not-to-tassel, that is the million dollar question. Who are we kidding — the more tassels, the merrier. Perfect for a spring break trip to Cancún, this fiesta-ready batwing swimsuit featuring a plunging neckline calls for a margarita (or two). Brit + Co Pick: ASOS Bright Tassel Trim Batwing Drape Swimsuit ($53)
2. Statement Ties and Lacing: Toss high-waisted crochet bottoms on alongside a visor and a triangle bikini top to solidify your beach bum status. The statement ties and intricate lacing will have you ready to hit the boardwalk in no time. Brit + Co Pick: Mara Hoffman Organic Cotton Crochet Triangle Top ($130) + Mara Hoffman Organic Cotton Crochet High Waist ($165)
3. Wrap-Around Tops: Major hottie alert! You’ll feel like a contender on The Bachelor with a playful wrap-around bikini top that’s equal parts functional (no wardrobe malfunctions here) and sexy. Team it alongside matching high-waisted palm print bottoms or Daisy Dukes for catching rays along the Bimini shore. Brit + Co Pick: Victoria’s Secret Pink Mesh Halter Wrap Triangle Top ($33) + Mesh High-Waist Bikini Bottom ($33)
4. Shades of Nude: Brace yourselves, babes. The biggest swimsuit trend of 2017 *might* take some getting used to. Barely there flesh-toned suits may be more than just a little intimidating, but you’ve. Got. This. Confidence will be your best accessory. Brit + Co Pick: Lolli Swim Barbie One Piece ($155)
5. Plunging Necklines: How low can ya go? Take the plunge (get it?) with a deep-V one-piece swimsuit featuring an open back design that’s hot, hot, hot. Your after-hours bodysuit reimagined for the daytime = GENIUS. Brit + Co Pick: Out from Under Plunging V Solid One-Piece Swimsuit ($69)
6. Logos + Crops: Turn down a chance to channel our inner Gigi Hadid? Nah. Start a #girlgang revolution with a logo emblazoned crop top that reads Team Tommy all the way. You know where our allegiance lies. Brit + Co Pick: Tommy Hilfiger High Neck Bikini Crop Top ($61)
7. One-Shoulder: Step aside, flouncy off-the-shoulder styles — you’ve been replaced. Proceed to show off your bangin’ bod with a one-sleeve swimsuit featuring a rad midriff-exposing cutout and high-cut legs. Just beware of weird tan lines! Brit + Co Pick: Fantabody Carolina L Blue Cut-Out Swimsuit ($104)
8. Halter Tops: Yup, you heard right. Halters are back and apparently sportier than ever. Doesn’t this streamlined halter neck swimsuit with an all-American vibe make you want to join a game of pick-up volleyball? The universally flattering fit reads classic-contemporary — just add white chino shorts for a Hamptons-bound look. Brit + Co Pick: Loft Beach Striped Halter One Piece Swimsuit ($90)
9. Sheer Panels: You gotta love sheer panels that leave just the right amount to the imagination, amirite? Less racy, more St. Barts-ready, these noir high-waisted bikini bottoms call for a tie-front bikini top, a big ol’ floppy straw hat, and woven huaraches. Life must be hard. Brit + Co Pick: Mara Hoffman Mesh High-Waisted Bikini Bottom ($120)
10. Contemporary Rash Guards: Reimagined rash guards are where it’s at this season. Not only do they promise to shield you from the sun’s damaging rays, but they’re perfect for adventure-seeking girls who like a thrill — be it windsurfing or waterskiing. The retro Hawaiian-inspired palm print is giving us LIFE; all that’s missing are some ‘90s-esque puka shells and denim cutoffs. Brit + Co Pick: Free People x Stone Fox Swim Cassidy Rashie ($118)
11. ‘80s Babe: Bold neon color blocking, confetti sprinkles, and hypnotic stripes — it must be the ‘80s. Practically off the set of a Katy Perry music video, this cheeky patchwork swimsuit is for the fun and fearless at heart. Brit + Co Pick: Topshop ’80s Patchwork Swimsuit ($60)
12. Wedding White: If you’re a bride-to-be currently planning a destination wedding at an exotic locale, then listen up. Wedding white needs to be on your radar. Between the decadent floral lace panels (don’t worry; they’re waterproof!) and lingerie-inspired details, this barely there one-piece brings the ba da boom factor. Brit + Co Pick: For Love & Lemons Grenada Lace One Piece ($194)
13. Saucy Cutouts: At last, a one-piece that doesn’t totally feel matronly (modest girls, we hear ya!). And you have the well-placed peekaboo cutouts and citrusy lemon hue to thank for that. The best part: You’ll be able to flaunt your curves on the beach without having to worry about showing off more than you bargained for. #Winning Brit + Co Pick: Aerie Cutout One Piece Swimsuit ($50)
Which of these swimwear trends will you be test driving this spring? Follow us on Pinterest for more style inspo!
Brit + Co may at times use affiliate links to promote products sold by others, but always offers genuine editorial recommendations.
Whether you want to tap into some holiday nostalgia, or find a fun DIY to do with your kiddos, this simple snow globe craft offers both! Together with Camp by Walmart, we built a customizable crafting journey so you can execute this decor upgrade based on your style preferences and the supplies you have around the house. For this project, you'll need to decide if you want your snow globe to be inside of a mason jar or glass orb, what type of snow you want (hello, glitter!), and what holiday scene should go inside. With 16 possible outcomes, we can't wait to see what you come up with. Check it out by watching the winter wonderland snow globe tutorial now!