These 13 Swimsuit Trends Are Going to Be HUGE in 2017
We know the thought of scoping out swimsuits sounds a bit (or a LOT) crazy — the forecast is still predicting snow in most parts of the country — but if you have a spring break getaway in the books, then you know you need to factor in shipping/trying on/sending back time to ensure you uncover that *perfect* suit. But first things first, your top priority should be keeping tabs on all the season’s trendiest styles (swimsuits with built-in chokers, anyone? We die.). We’ve done the work for you — keep on scrolling for 13 boss babe-approved swimwear trends you’ll want to pack for your upcoming getaway and wear all through summer ‘17.
1. Tassels: To tassel or not-to-tassel, that is the million dollar question. Who are we kidding — the more tassels, the merrier. Perfect for a spring break trip to Cancún, this fiesta-ready batwing swimsuit featuring a plunging neckline calls for a margarita (or two). Brit + Co Pick: ASOS Bright Tassel Trim Batwing Drape Swimsuit ($53)
2. Statement Ties and Lacing: Toss high-waisted crochet bottoms on alongside a visor and a triangle bikini top to solidify your beach bum status. The statement ties and intricate lacing will have you ready to hit the boardwalk in no time. Brit + Co Pick: Mara Hoffman Organic Cotton Crochet Triangle Top ($130) + Mara Hoffman Organic Cotton Crochet High Waist ($165)
3. Wrap-Around Tops: Major hottie alert! You’ll feel like a contender on The Bachelor with a playful wrap-around bikini top that’s equal parts functional (no wardrobe malfunctions here) and sexy. Team it alongside matching high-waisted palm print bottoms or Daisy Dukes for catching rays along the Bimini shore. Brit + Co Pick: Victoria’s Secret Pink Mesh Halter Wrap Triangle Top ($33) + Mesh High-Waist Bikini Bottom ($33)
4. Shades of Nude: Brace yourselves, babes. The biggest swimsuit trend of 2017 *might* take some getting used to. Barely there flesh-toned suits may be more than just a little intimidating, but you’ve. Got. This. Confidence will be your best accessory. Brit + Co Pick: Lolli Swim Barbie One Piece ($155)
5. Plunging Necklines: How low can ya go? Take the plunge (get it?) with a deep-V one-piece swimsuit featuring an open back design that’s hot, hot, hot. Your after-hours bodysuit reimagined for the daytime = GENIUS. Brit + Co Pick: Out from Under Plunging V Solid One-Piece Swimsuit ($69)
6. Logos + Crops: Turn down a chance to channel our inner Gigi Hadid? Nah. Start a #girlgang revolution with a logo emblazoned crop top that reads Team Tommy all the way. You know where our allegiance lies. Brit + Co Pick: Tommy Hilfiger High Neck Bikini Crop Top ($61)
7. One-Shoulder: Step aside, flouncy off-the-shoulder styles — you’ve been replaced. Proceed to show off your bangin’ bod with a one-sleeve swimsuit featuring a rad midriff-exposing cutout and high-cut legs. Just beware of weird tan lines! Brit + Co Pick: Fantabody Carolina L Blue Cut-Out Swimsuit ($104)
8. Halter Tops: Yup, you heard right. Halters are back and apparently sportier than ever. Doesn’t this streamlined halter neck swimsuit with an all-American vibe make you want to join a game of pick-up volleyball? The universally flattering fit reads classic-contemporary — just add white chino shorts for a Hamptons-bound look. Brit + Co Pick: Loft Beach Striped Halter One Piece Swimsuit ($90)
9. Sheer Panels: You gotta love sheer panels that leave just the right amount to the imagination, amirite? Less racy, more St. Barts-ready, these noir high-waisted bikini bottoms call for a tie-front bikini top, a big ol’ floppy straw hat, and woven huaraches. Life must be hard. Brit + Co Pick: Mara Hoffman Mesh High-Waisted Bikini Bottom ($120)
10. Contemporary Rash Guards: Reimagined rash guards are where it’s at this season. Not only do they promise to shield you from the sun’s damaging rays, but they’re perfect for adventure-seeking girls who like a thrill — be it windsurfing or waterskiing. The retro Hawaiian-inspired palm print is giving us LIFE; all that’s missing are some ‘90s-esque puka shells and denim cutoffs. Brit + Co Pick: Free People x Stone Fox Swim Cassidy Rashie ($118)
11. ‘80s Babe: Bold neon color blocking, confetti sprinkles, and hypnotic stripes — it must be the ‘80s. Practically off the set of a Katy Perry music video, this cheeky patchwork swimsuit is for the fun and fearless at heart. Brit + Co Pick: Topshop ’80s Patchwork Swimsuit ($60)
12. Wedding White: If you’re a bride-to-be currently planning a destination wedding at an exotic locale, then listen up. Wedding white needs to be on your radar. Between the decadent floral lace panels (don’t worry; they’re waterproof!) and lingerie-inspired details, this barely there one-piece brings the ba da boom factor. Brit + Co Pick: For Love & Lemons Grenada Lace One Piece ($194)
13. Saucy Cutouts: At last, a one-piece that doesn’t totally feel matronly (modest girls, we hear ya!). And you have the well-placed peekaboo cutouts and citrusy lemon hue to thank for that. The best part: You’ll be able to flaunt your curves on the beach without having to worry about showing off more than you bargained for. #Winning Brit + Co Pick: Aerie Cutout One Piece Swimsuit ($50)
Which of these swimwear trends will you be test driving this spring? Follow us on Pinterest for more style inspo!
Brit + Co may at times use affiliate links to promote products sold by others, but always offers genuine editorial recommendations.