Whether February 14 means hitting the town with a hot date, celebrating with your best gal pals, or hanging out with the fam, picking a flawlessly festive yet versatile ensemble can be a challenge. To avoid any wardrobe worries and Valentine’s Day blues, we asked style guru Christine Andrew of Hello Fashion to give us tips for putting together the ultimate bombshell attire no matter what your plans may entail. Keep reading for some of her top tips for getting in the spirit of love — in the most stylish way possible!
1. Movie Night: If you’re keeping it mellow this year but still want to show some holiday spirit, you can never go wrong with a feminine-cut tee. A simple top like this Kiss Kiss Tee ($46) is perfect for pairing with your favorite jeans and flats, or leggings and slippers… Valentine’s Day and beyond!
2. Romantic Dinner Date: If Valentine’s Day means getting all dolled up for a date night with your other half (or new fling), seize the opportunity to make a statement and sizzle in red! If your LBD is normally your go-to, spice it up by slipping into an LRD (Little Red Dress) — there’s no doubt you’ll turn heads while rocking the color of love. (See similar styles here and here.)
3. Black-Tie Affair: If your Prince or Princess Charming is sweeping you off your feet this Valentine’s Day with a lavish night out, opt for a classic. Winter white is timeless and can be worn forever. Simply add red lipstick to those kissable lips, or step into some red-hot heels to complete your look. (See similar styles here and here.)
4. Family Night: Is there anything better than matching with your mini?! If your little one makes your heart skip a beat, these matching Be Mine Tees are the perfect way to celebrate in style with your favorite Valentine. Add your fave joggers and fuzzy socks for you and your li’l sweetheart for the most comfy yet festive attire on a fun night in.
5. Night Out With Your Galentines: No date? No problem! If you’re waiting for Cupid to shoot his arrow your way, grab your best gal pals and celebrate your friendship. Whether you’re hosting a Galentine’s brunch or watching a chick-flick together, get comfy in the most stylish way in a cozy, spirited sweatshirt, your favorite denim, and red flats. (See in white here and gray here).
Brit + Co may at times use affiliate links to promote products sold by others, but always offers genuine editorial recommendations.
(Photos via Christine Andrew/Hello Fashion)