13 Designer Valentines for Every Stage of Your Relationship
Running out of time to make your Valentines this year? Don’t worry, we got you. Whether you’ve just started dating or you’re celebrating an anniversary, we’ve got just the card for you. Sure, Valentine’s Day might be a cheesy holiday, but that doesn’t mean you can’t celebrate with one of these cute, colorful and well-designed cards.
1. Always and Forever ($5): The pale pink and the gold type of this card go together almost as well as you and your beau.
2. I Have Been Searching ($5): Anchors aweigh — this card is for the couple who’s been experiencing some smooth sailing.
3. Let’s Make Out ($5): If you’re not into sweet or mushy statements, then this card was made for you. It gets right to the point and lets your Valentine know how you really feel.
4. Will You Be My Valentine ($20 for 8): Go classic and sweet with this chalkboard-inspired card that pairs handlettering with gorgeous, illustrated flowers.
5. You Hate Pants ($5): Seriously, who doesn’t hate pants? It’s the perfect card for the couple who has just starting cohabiting.
6. U&ME ($6): Is your SO a huge typography nerd? Make their heart swoon with this Valentine.
7. You Are Mine ($4): If you can’t resist the sparkly (we can’t blame you!), get your glitter on and shine this Valentine’s Day.
8. You Are the One ($4): Let your Valentine know there’s no one else for you with this screen-printed, minimalist card.
9. El Corazon ($5): This card eschews the traditional Valentine’s Day expectations — pink, doilies and glitter — with a card that looks a bit like something from a Tarot deck.
10. Tandem Bike ($5): If you and your date are totally in sync, then this tandem bike Valentine seems like the perfect way to celebrate your connection.
11. Over the Moon ($5): We love the sweetness of this card. It’s not too mushy, but it does get your mood across.
12. To My Soulmatey ($5): This card is nautical and totally adorable. Give it to your spouse, and then tell them not to go overboard with their enthusiasm.
13. Awkward Valentine ($5): Valentine’s Day can be an awkward holiday for couples just starting out, but this card lets you embrace it.
Which card do you want to send? Tell us in the comments below!
It can be intimidating to step out on your own and build a business from the ground up. As part of our collaboration with Office Depot, we're talking with Selfmade alum and solopreneur Colette Lawrence, the faith-based motivator and relationship builder behind The M.E.E. Movement, about ways in which women in business can find success.
B + C: How did you know M.E.E. Movement was your business to start?
The M.E.E Movement represents motivation, empowerment, and encouragement for women. It is what represents me. I did not know at first that it was my business to start, but then the thought of monetizing what I loved came to me. It scared me, however. I registered the business in July 2020 and have been slowly building my wings since.
B + C: What's one strategy that's helped you start your business?
Thinking through and researching what the requirements are to start my business, and then asking questions of people who are in the business. Not all advice worked; however, it helped me to figure out what I needed to do and not to do.
B + C: Did you always know life coaching would be your entrepreneurial path?
(Smiles) No, I did not. I 'stumbled" on it. I knew that people were always coming to me for advice and I found that I loved having conversations with them, especially with women, young and old.
B + C: What was your most valuable takeaway from Selfmade?
My most valuable takeaway was the first day of training: Get out of your own way. There were a lot of great moments and important takeaways from every presenter. However, getting out of my own way, pushing past doubts, was for me my most valuable takeaway. Doing something that I had never done before took courage. If I do not focus on what is happening with me mentally then I cannot deliver to my clients successfully.
B + C: What's one piece of advice you would give to female entrepreneurs on the brink of starting?
Get out of your head. You have something to offer. You have what you need to succeed so go ahead and do it.
B + C: How do you stay motivated?
I stay motivated by listening to music and listening to motivational speakers, and sometimes someone will just reach out and talk about the impact that I made in their life. That adds the extra juice or sauce I need to pummel through the day.
B + C: What's your best organizational tip?
Keep a diary and journal. It's the best way for me to keep organized and it also provides a source motivation as I record not only my "losses" but my wins as well.
B + C: Who inspires you in the entrepreneurial space?
Shirley Toliver – She motivates and empowers and makes me always want to show up.
B + C: What has receiving the Office Depot scholarship to Selfmade done to help you start or grow your business?
The scholarship was a blessing in that all the areas that were covered offered valuable information that I needed, from social media to HR. As a new business owner, I needed to know this to increase my own personal awareness in what it takes to run a successful business. The candidness of the presenters made it easy to see myself in their shoes and helped me to realize that I can also get there.
Want to feel motivated to take the next step for your business? Let Office Depot OfficeMax give you the confidence you need with a suite of business services & solutions to help you put your best foot forward. Make a good first impression with business cards & build the business pitch of your dreams with custom presentations. With Office Depot OfficeMax you'll find the tools to reach new customers with confidence.
Head to Office Depot's Selfmade page to check out even more amazing business resources (and discounts!) to help you accomplish more on your entrepreneurial journey. These offers are available for a limited time only, so be sure to take advantage of all this goodness while supplies last. Want to join the next Selfmade cohort this summer? Check out all of the scholarship details right here.