18 Recipes to Make Your Valentine’s Day Extra Spicy
There are more than a few ways to spice things up on Valentine’s Day, but this collection of 18 recipes will literally warm things up. Each course, from appetizers to mains to dessert, packs some serious heat. In other words: Get ready for a red-hot night whether you’re celebrating the holiday solo or with a special someone.
3. Spaghetti Puttanesca: You can practically make this sauce in the time it takes for your pasta to boil. The spicy, slightly briny flavors in every twirl will tantalize the senses. (via Domestic Dreamboat)
4. Chocolate Cake With Mexican Chocolate Frosting: A blend of cayenne, cinnamon and nutmeg warm up the whipped ganache frosting that’s spread over layers of moist chocolate cake. But it’s the homemade candied serrano pepper garnish that adds the final touch of fiery flavor. (via Baking a Moment)
5. Lobster Crostini With Buttery Tomato and Champagne Sauce: The heat level of these sexy crostini can easily be tailored to your taste buds. Just use a little hot sauce to spice up the buttery tomato-Champagne glaze that crowns those sweet lumps of lobster. (via What Katie Ate)
9. Pan-Seared Halibut With Citrus Jalapeno Salsa: Tangy grapefruit, orange and lime salsa is boosted with jalapeño, onion and cilantro to create an awesome topping for flaky halibut. (via Domesticate Me)
10. Spicy Roasted Ratatouille With Spaghetti (Vegetarian): Serve this melange of roasted veggies over spaghetti or your favorite steamed grain; it’ll put a smile on your face either way. (via Cookie and Kate)
15. Spicy Chocolate Cake With Jalapeño Fudge Frosting: The hot stuff doesn’t stop with the cayenne-spiced batter. Nope, a fudgy jalapeño ganache frosting takes this creation to the next level. (via Heather Christo)
18. Jalapeño Strawberry Ice Cream: Talk about a mix of fire and ice. The sensation of hot candied jalapeños and chilly ice cream will have your taste buds wondering what’s next. (via Local Milk)
Share your favorite spicy Valentine’s Day-worthy eats in the comments!