20 Ways to Add Velvet Glamour to Your Home Decor
Velvet is one of those things that instantly takes a room to the next level. Something about it is regal. Maybe it’s the way it reflects the light… and just begs to be stroked. This luxe fabric is more versatile than you might think — it looks amazing in bright, casual colors and works whether you want a couch, dining chairs or a simple ottoman. So go ahead and drape your rooms in the subtle, yet intense touches of velvet to give your home the sophisticated glamour you just can’t get from any other fabric.
1. Lyre Chesterfield Armchair ($1,598): This chair comes in every color you could ever want from retro mustard yellow to an elegant grey.
2. Velvet Beatrix Chair ($288): All your meals will be fit for royalty when you have these stunning chairs sitting around your dining table.
3. Ombre Velvet Pillow ($34): If you’re not sure you’re ready to commit to a velvet couch, maybe try some luxe throw pillows first!
4. Hand-dyed Velvet Settee ($1,500): Plain velvet just a little too cliched for you? Then what about this incredible, hand-dyed chair available in pink or yellow.
5. Vilas Velvet Daybed ($1,900): Daybeds are uber versatile — and when they’re as pretty as this gray velvet one, you’ll find even more uses for it.
6. Velvet Button Stool ($322): How cute is the button detailing on these little stools?
7. Antoinette Velvet Chaise ($759): There is nothing more elegant than a Marie Antoinette-inspired couch, and this studded canary yellow chaise will ensure you have a soft seat from which to entertain your guests.
8. Ava Velvet Tufted Sleeper Sofa ($750): We don’t think we’ve ever seen a sneakier sleeper couch. Yes, this gorgeous couch folds out into a bed making it the perfect piece for those short on space.
9. Plum and Bow Amelie Tufted Chair ($350): For a modern take on an antique look, try a rose-colored velvet chair.
10. Plum and Bow Tufted Chair ($680): Use velvet as a chance to play around with some bold, funky color combinations. If you want to go full boho, try a teal velvet with yellow and fuchsia accents.
11. Champagne Velvet Larkspur Bed ($4,900): Your bed is the perfect place to cozy up with a bit of velvet. Add some soft throw blankets for the full royal treatment.
12. Essex Velvet Upholstered Ottoman ($350): A deep blue velvet ottoman is a classy touch to bring to the center of your living space.
13. Suzani Armchair ($1,600): If you want to really go all out boho chic, check out these handmade chairs for a variety of colors and floral patterns.
14. Small Snooze Sofa (price available upon request): Blue velvet is a classic look that will never go out of style; even though velvet does start to wear over time, the worn look can be just as beautiful as a shiny new couch.
15. Three Seat Grey Velvet Chesterfield ($1,500): For the ultimate glam piece, go for the full Chesterfield in a rich gray velvet. We are definitely in love.
16. Windsor Armchair and Footstool ($1,700): Think of the books you could read and the naps you could take curled up in this super cozy chair and footstool.
17. Mrs. Godfrey Settee ($2,500): How cute is the button detailing on this little love seat? We appreciate the bit of whimsy it adds to a piece that could be a bit stiff and boring.
18. Plum and Bow Large Storage Ottoman ($250): We could all use a bit more storage to tuck, ahem, treasures into, and this plush ottoman tells no secrets.
19. Barrister Velvet Loveseat ($990): The diamond stitching on the back of this sofa is elegant, while the black edging keep things modern and fun.
20. X-Bench ($745): These little benches come in several retro colors and are a fun way to add some extra texture and character to a living room or bedroom vignette.
Are you crushing on any of these velvet pieces? Let us know in the comments below!