11 Ways to Make Laundry Day Your Favorite Day
If the sheer number of hand-lettered “Laundry Sucks” signs on Pinterest is any guide, then getting the wash done is not exactly everyone’s favorite recurring chore. But that doesn’t mean keeping those colors sorted and stains treated has to be a drag. In fact, we have some simple ways to upgrade your laundry situation that might just make wash day the best day. Here’s the plan: Step 1: Freshen up that laundry room. Step 2: Get a cute laundry bag. Step 3: Hack your organization system. Step 4: Enjoy that so fresh, so clean feeling! Read on for all of the essentials to make it all a reality.
1. Liven up your laundry basket. Could these DIY-laundry baskets be any dreamier? The ratio of cute-to-sassy is perfectly on point. (via Studio DIY)
2. Hand-paint your catchall. Add even more style to your laundry game by hand-painting a colorful print on your one-of-a-kind basket before you fill it with freshly folded towels. (via DIY Candy)
3. Add some boho flair. Palm prints and artisanal basket weaves make this laundry room feel uber-chic.
(via SF Girl)
4. Make your soap look like a sundae. When it looks like sprinkles, you know your detergent game is is good. The best part? You’ve just uncovered a super unique housewarming gift. (via Tell, Love and Party)
5. Give your machines a facelift. A roll of electric tape and three hours is all it takes to up the design ante and give your washer and dryer this ultra-stylish update. (And it’s renter-friendly to boot!) (via A Beautiful Mess)
6. Download a stain-remover cheat sheet. You never know when you’re going to have a stain-removing emergency on your hands, so cover your basis with these fun (and cute!) printable stain remover tags. (Via Better Homes and Gardens)
7. Set up a sorting station with appeal. A potted plant, pops of color, and quirky lemon-printed wallpaper make this laundry room a treat for the eyes, but we love the practicality mixed in with the fun factor. Those three baskets are helpful for sorting whites, brights, and darks before you wash. (via The Learner Observer)
8. DIY a wooden shelf for easy folding. Add a sleek, finished look to your machines AND make folding a breeze with a DIY wooden shelf. (via Vintage Revivals)
9. Don’t forget a super cute lint bin. What this DIY lint bin lacks in complexity, it makes up for in utility and charm! (via Polished Habitat)
10. Get your craft on. There are plenty of things you could do while you have a wash in (including relaxing!), but why not make your space do double duty and create a cool craft nook? You’ll keep your outfits fresh while carving out a dedicated time to work on creative projects every week. Score! (via Remodelaholic)
11. White Tree Design Shop “Loads of Fun” Laundry Print ($6): There’s an abundance of song lyrics and popular expressions that play surprisingly well in the laundry world — and there’s also an Etsy printable for all of them.
Follow us on Pinterest for more ways to give your laundry room some love!
Brit + Co may at times use affiliate links to promote products sold by others, but always offers genuine editorial recommendations.