12 Foolproof Ways to Style Your Fall Bomber Jacket Like a Boss
Come the first sign of fall, we’ll be taking cover with one of the season’s most coveted toppers. If you guessed a wear-everywhere bomber jacket, then you’re already ahead of the curve. Besides a bomber jacket’s ability to transform any getup from drab to fab, it’s a surprisingly versatile option for gals of every trade. Whether you consider yourself to be a sporty girl, a self-proclaimed #girlboss or a boho babe with an edgy streak, odds are you’ll be seeking solace in at least one of these rad jackets this season. Don’t know where to start? Scroll down for 12 fly pairings that incorporate an It girl-approved bomber with everything from an accordion-pleat skirt to sequined joggers for a next-level look.
1. Mango Metallic Patches Bomber Jacket ($100) + Topshop Freerider Print Mini Skirt ($38): Reach style-MVP status like that thanks to this bomber jacket featuring an assortment of decorative patches. Take your cutting-edge look to the streets with a ‘90s-inspired painterly mini skirt and combat boots for an #OOTD worthy of fashion week. Proceed to prep for a gallery opening in Chelsea by slipping on a ribbed mock-neck sweater and some throwback hoop earrings.
How to Style a Girly Bomber Jacket
2. Scotch & Soda Amsterdams Blauw Bomber Jacket ($235) + Collection Drake’s for J.Crew Pant in Bird of Paradise ($198): When Glossier pink meets Jenna Lyons-esque styling, this flawless pairing is the WAY chic result. Whoever said nine-to-five dressing had to be stuffy was surely mistaken. Ditch the boardroom slacks and snoozy pant suits for this girly quilted bomber that plays well with sassy specs, chunky block heels and collared button-downs galore. Throw a pair of these lounge-worthy printed silk bottoms into the mix for on-the-clock style.
How to Style a Varsity Bomber Jacket
3. Zara Two-Tone Bomber Jacket ($100) + Sincerely Jules The Echo Boyfriend Jeans ($125): As it turns out, your high school days aren’t completely behind you after all. Tap into a too-cool-for-school mentality with this red varsity letterman jacket that calls to mind Friday night football games and cheerleading practice. For a super pared-down look, slip into some slouchy boyfriend jeans — these have already been slashed and distressed to perfection — and backless mules. Ready to up the glam factor? A signature T-Swift inspired pout and power pumps will never steer you wrong.
How to Style a Floral Bomber Jacket
4. H&M Satin Pilot Jacket ($40) + French Connection Mia Denim Mini Skirt ($128): Don’t let blasé neutrals and drab knits weigh you down this fall — as it turns out, a botanical pilot jacket is exactly what the doctor ordered for a little post-summer bliss. In true cool-girl fashion, team yours with an oversized white V-neck tee and a trending denim button-front skirt for a low-key date night with bae. Just add a bucket bag and cool kicks to keep your low-maintenance getup lighthearted and fun.
How to Style a Reversible Bomber Jacket
5. Topshop Two-in-One Reversible Bomber Jacket ($150) + Madewell Short-Sleeve Tee Dress ($98): A reversible bomber jacket with now-and-later potential is a lazy girl’s dream on snooze-filled mornings. Resist the urge to toss on frumpy sweats by opting for this insanely comfortable black t-shirt dress that calls for sensible tennies or off-duty Chelsea boots. Whether you’re heading to the office, the airport or your favorite hipster coffee shop, it’ll always do you right. Cue the don’t-mess vibes with this embroidered sateen bomber (pretty in pink on one side, baby blue on the other) for a look that works its magic around the clock.
How to Style a Velvet Bomber Jacket
6. Topshop Tall Velvet Embroidered Bomber ($130) + Zara Faux Leather Mini Skirt ($50): Make an effort to cozy up once the temps dip low with this floral embroidered bomber that will make you look (and feel) like a boss. Jump on the all-black-everything bandwagon by teaming your new hero piece with a leather mini, a hands-free cross-body sac and black suede platforms for a night of dancin’. Come November, a slouchy turtleneck sweater and over-the-knee boots will keep you in check.
How to Style a Luxe Bomber Jacket
7. & Other Stories Lustrous Bomber Jacket ($125) + Topshop Ombre Sequin Jogger Trousers ($125): Go athleisure or go home: Allow this to be your new mantra for fall ‘16. If there’s one wardrobe workhorse you need to stock up on this season — besides a fierce bomber, that is — it’s a blinged-out pair of joggers that can be worn beyond the gym. Gear up for an upcoming GNO by tossing these ombre sequin joggers on with a luxe bomber jacket and towering ankle boots.
How to Style a Satin Bomber Jacket
8. Mango Satin Bomber Jacket ($60) + Zara Long Layered Jumpsuit ($50): Love ‘em or hate ‘em, bomber jackets are kind of a big deal this season. Usher in a season of winning #OOTDs with this lustrous sky blue bomber featuring a striped contrast trim. Dress it down with vintage mom jeans or take it up a notch (or two) with a one-and-done jumpsuit that slays from dawn to dusk. For shoes, opt for a statement-making pair of metallic loafers or some man-repelling faux fur ankle-strap steppers.
How to Style an Embroidered Bomber Jacket
9. Abercrombie & Fitch Patch Bomber Jacket ($88) + Topshop Unique Harleyford Striped Cotton-Blend Slim-Leg Pants ($255): ICYMI: Abercrombie is back and better than ever with an embroidered bomber that would put your iconic Juicy track jacket to shame. Achieve major squad #goals by styling it alongside a pair of rocker striped pants and kicky heeled loafers for a wild night on the town. Trying to stay under the radar on a lazy Sunday? Say no more: Simply slip on a leather baseball cap, a distressed t-shirt and some Adidas Superstars (what else?!) for a look that’s casual luxury at its best.
How to Style a Sequined Bomber Jacket
10. Mango Sequined Bomber ($120) + Scotch & Soda Pleated Skirt ($125): Too much sparkle? No such thing. We’ve uncovered a sequined bomber jacket with major red carpet appeal. Between dinner parties, fall soirees and upcoming holiday functions (especially NYE), a fancy bomber with this much panache will give you an excuse to pull out your most twirl-worthy accordion pleat skirt and after-hours steppers. Don’t even get us started about wearing sequins to the boardroom — not only can it be done, but it’s a totally boss move that won’t go unnoticed. Sign us up, please.
How to Style a Pilot Bomber Jacket
11. H&M Pilot Jacket ($35) + Scotch & Soda Artwork T-Shirt With Bandana ($79): The arrival of a new season is really just an excuse to test drive some killer new looks and reinvent your style. Where better to start than a tough-girl bomber that promises to elevate even your most run-of-the-mill ensembles? This dark red pilot jacket will straight-up stun from a.m. to p.m. with a pair of distressed black jeans, a graphic print tee (your beloved vintage band tee will do just fine) and some pointed-toe ankle booties. Bonus points, ‘cause this one even comes with an edgy bandana.
How to Style a Faux Fur Bomber Jacket
12. Topshop Faux Fur Collar Bomber Jacket ($125) + Topshop Vintage Rose Split Maxi Skirt ($74): Post-festival season slump? Girl, we’ve got you covered. Usher in some RiRi-inspired swagger with this army green bomber, complete with a faux fur collar, that’s guaranteed to keep the outfit blahs away. Throw it on with a fisherman sweater, suede Western boots and a come-hither rose print skirt featuring thigh-high slits for a fall concert or outdoor wedding. Transitional dressing has never looked so good.
What’s your go-to way to style a bomber jacket? Follow us on Pinterest for more fall styling tips!
Brit + Co may at times use affiliate links to promote products sold by others, but always offers genuine editorial recommendations.