16 Cool Girl-Approved Bomber Jackets for Spring
It’s time to ditch the winter parka for transitional spring coats that’ll carry you through spring. If the latest street chic (read: ‘90s style) trend is any indication, then it won’t be long before you’re coveting a free-wheelin’ bomber jacket. Both functional and fashion forward, these off-duty toppers will make you look (and feel) way ahead of the sartorial curve. No matter where your style sensibilities reside, rest assured there’s a bomber out there for you. Seriously, what’s not to love about a layering piece that will take you from desk to drinks to festival season? Whether you toss ‘em on with metallic joggers and sneakers for an athleisure look or pair them with an LBD for date night, the styling possibilities are truly endless. Scroll down for 16 bomber jackets that will instantly up the cool factor of any ensemble.
1. Jaded London Festival Sequin Bomber Jacket ($170): This pink sequined bomber jacket may or may not make you break out in a spontaneous dance party. Going beyond the nightlife scene, it could just as easily be worn during the daytime with a plain white tee, boyfriend jeans and mirrored aviators.
2. Forever 21 Suede Bomber Jacket ($38): On Wednesdays, we wear pink bomber jackets. And so should you. Embrace your inner girl boss by styling this pale pink suede bomber with a mod choker necklace, throwback flares and some edgy combat boots for a look that will straight-up slay.
less this season. The super relaxed fit will make morning dressing a cinch — just team it with a mock neck top and cropped flares for a foolproof look.
4. Parklife League Jacket ($85): Combat rainy days in style with this waterproof quilted bomber that will keep you warm and dry during your morning commute or even a spring getaway. Pair it with performance leggings and a lightweight sweatshirt for an athleisure look that doesn’t mess around.
5. Scotch & Soda Tropical Bomber Jacket ($149): Can’t travel to the tropics? Channel safari vibes on your own by sporting this jungle-inspired silk bomber with all your summer whites. Metallic Birks and a sun-kissed glow are obligatory.
6. Topshop MA1 Shiny Bomber Jacket ($115): Can you say (bomb) squad goals? For an upcoming GNO, don’t hesitate to pair this metallic bomber jacket with an after hours-approved jumpsuit and lace-up steppers. The result is sporty, yet super glam.
7. Banana Republic Blue Leather Bomber Jacket ($448): Bring out all your favorite floral prints — this turquoise leather bomber jacket is ready to come out and play. Infinitely chicer than a denim jacket, but just as easy-breezy, this versatile topper is a lazy girl’s dream.
8. Nasty Gal Cassidy Bomber Jacket ($118): When the temps are chilly and you need a light layer on standby, opt for this bordeaux bomber jacket that can stand on its own. The lace-up detail and satin finish read risqué, especially when paired with a come-hither slip dress.
9. Topshop Airtex Bomber Jacket ($95): Red hot and fierce, this airtex bomber jacket can do no wrong. Everything from the boxy, structured shape to the sporty aesthetic will make you want to pull out your running shorts and low-tops for a chill weekend.
10. Ted Baker Azeeza Palm Floral Bomber ($295): A little bit femme, a lot luxe — there’s nothing tomboy about this botanical bomber. In fact, we could totally see it being styled come wedding season with a Grecian-inspired dress and metallic slides.
take it there with this high-shine silver bomber jacket. Layer it over a rainbow-striped top and cropped flares or team it with an accordion pleat skirt and granny-chic block heels. The sky’s the limit.
12. American Apparel Angeleno Denim Jacket ($95): Tap into the ‘90s grunge movement with this retro denim bomber jacket that will be right in line with your hipster sensibilities. Test-drive a denim-on-denim look by wearing it with a dark-wash button-front skirt and white canvas sneakers.
13. Silence + Noise Simple Satin Embroidered Nope Bomber Jacket ($79): Nope, bomber jackets aren’t going away anytime soon. The next time you want to lend a tough-girl edge to your going-out attire, simply reach for this maroon bomber that would best be paired with leather culottes and some ankle-strap heels.
14. H&M Beaded Pilot Jacket ($129): Run, don’t walk, to snatch up this party jacket in disguise. The combination of beads, sequins and all-over sparkle is practically made for sashaying on the dance floor. Team it with leather pants (or a mini!) for a fancy night on the town.
15. Topshop Badged MA1 Bomber Jacket ($110): Festival-goers, rejoice! We’ve uncovered the raddest bomber jacket yet — complete with a well-placed pineapple badge, no less. Throw some distressed cutoffs and a vintage t-shirt into the mix for a Coachella-bound getup.
16. Hoxton Haus Violet Jacket ($119): Not too casual, not too dressy, but just right: This blue marble bomber jacket is all sorts of pretty. Come beach season, it’ll serve as the perfect bikini cover-up.
Will you be wearing a bomber jacket this spring? Follow us on Pinterest for more upcoming spring trends that you can wear IRL.
Brit + Co may at times use affiliate links to promote products sold by others, but always offers genuine editorial recommendations.