16 Ways to Slay in a Puffy Coat During a Bomb Cyclone
If and when you choose to brave the elements, you can rest easy knowing that all hope is not lost. You will not be confined to a life spent dressing like the Michelin Man nor will you have to admit defeat come the next big winter storm watch. Go ahead and add an extra AF puffer jacket to your lineup of cold-weather hats, gloves, and scarves (check, check, and double check) STAT. From ultra-glam to downright sporty, these 16 Instababes show you how to slay in a puffer this winter without sacrificing style.
1. Somewhere Over the Rainbow: Resolve to stop traffic in 2018 with a fluorescent ROYGBIV-inspired topper that brightens up the grayest of days.
2. Inner Glamazon Unleashed: On mornings you’ve got zero effs to give, why not roll out in a freaking comforter-turned-puffer and sparkly Gaga-esque platforms? It’s a lewk!
3. Fur Topper: We’re green with envy over here. This certified street MVP is FROW-ready with her emerald fur-trimmed puffer and trend-right camo boots.
4. At the Slopes: Adopt an après-ski mentality with one of Moncler’s signature down jackets that will take you from slippery sidewalks to the slopes without so much as a wardrobe swap. Mittens and shearling-lined mountain boots required for maximum impact.
5. Puffer on Fleek: Streamline your winter uniform with a short insulated puffer that can be seamlessly layered over a slinky dress and heavy-duty stompers without any added bulk.
6. Layering Trick: Our favorite HBIC, Tamu McPherson, successfully transitions a plaid maxi skirt from the boardroom to drinks with a bright red padded topper and dazzling statement earrings.
7. Winter Layers: Rocking a big ol’ puffer is not a sign of defeat — especially when you’re equipped with the right cold-weather accessories (namely, a plush camel scarf) to keep you company during your commute.
8. Athluxury 2.0: Word on the street is that puffers and racing-stripe track pants go together like PB and J.
9. Traffic-Stopping Puffer: Who’s dat girl? That would be none other than Sai De Silva, looking chic as hell in her yellow puffer jacket and OTK boots.
10. Michelin Woman: Behold, a real Michelin Woman. Maybe it’s her tartan pants or perhaps it’s her mini yellow Loewe elephant bag, but we approve nonetheless.
11. Designer Swag: Ready-to-slay power red puffer coat? We. Are. Here. For. It. (Reebok classics and Gucci swag ain’t half bad either.)
12. French Girl: Oui, oui! Jane Aldridge’s cropped olive jacket is the definition of rainy-day chic when teamed with an umbrella, lace-up boots, and a femme frock.
13. Sporty Spice: ‘Cause the only way to survive a Snowmageddon is to seek comfort in man-repelling layers that make you feel (but not look) like a toasty marshmallow.
14. Pop of Blue: Just a pop of electric blue will do to enhance your outerwear game this winter.
15. Stunning from the Back: We see you (and your eye appliqué padded jacket), Chiara Ferragni. Wink.
16. Purr-fect Puffer: Elevate your everyday black puffer with some leopard print pants and retro white shades for a flawless start to the new year.
Which of these Instababe-approved looks will you be recreating? Follow us on Pinterest for more winter style inspo!