18 Wedding Day Fragrances for Every Bridal Style
With all of the details surrounding your wedding, finding a day-of fragrance might not be on your to-do list — but it deserves a spot. Why? Because for years to come, a single whiff of that perfume will transport you and your spouse back to the magical day. To find the right scent that completes your bridal beauty, we’ve gathered up these 18 fragrances you should say “I do” to.
Traditional Ladies: Roll out the red carpet for these tried-and-true nuptial classics.
1. Vera Wang Eau de Parfum Spray ($72): If there were a nuptial pantheon, Vera would be the Queen Supreme of all wedding goddesses. Her self-titled fragrance is a delicate, floral masterpiece befitting traditional brides on their big day.
2. Jo Malone London Red Roses Cologne ($130): It doesn’t get much more romantic than Jo Malone’s cologne that features the subtle scent of soft rose petals.
Cool-Girl Brides: Forget convention, this It-girl needs her bridal look to reflect her unique personality. These fragrances are meant for the modern bride who keeps her choices cool, current and contemporary.
3. Estee Lauder Modern Muse Le Rouge Eau de Parfum ($68): We won’t judge you for channeling Kendall Jenner’s star power on your big day with a few wisps of her signature scent.
4. Elizabeth & James Nirvana White Eau de Parfum ($65): This will forever be one of our fave, fabulously dreamy scents. It features a peony, muguet and musk blend, with a white theme that gets brownie points for its subtly bridal vibes.
Lighthearted Brides: We all know weddings are stressful, which is why playful brides are full of surprises and rely on the whole “laughter is medicine” lifestyle. There’s nothing like the match-up of a red-haute stiletto under your princess gown with a brilliantly sweet fragrance to give your bridal getup a good dose of fun.
5. Prada Candy Eau de Parfum Spray ($90): First of all, yum. If you haven’t smelled this sweet and sophisticated scent, do so immediately, but trust us when we say it perfectly befits a bubbly bride.
6. MiN New York Circus ($240): Brides with a sweet tooth will love this delectable blend. If your favorite part of wedding prep was picking out the cake, you need this candied scent of sugary goodness on your big day.
7. Creed Fleurissimo ($325): First of all, this fragrance was commissioned for Grace Kelly by her future husband, Prince Albert. As if that wasn’t enough to convince you, it’s full of delicious hints of gardenia.
Green Goddesses: If you’re aiming to have the most sustainable and organic nuptials possible, these earth-friendly scents will make the perfect perfume partners.
8. Kai Perfume Oil ($48): This gardenia-scented oil will stay put no matter what lush scenery you’ve picked for your vows. From rustic venues to modern woodland settings, the paraben-, gluten- and cruelty-free blend will keep you smelling fresh.
9. Clean Reserve Blonde Rose ($95): This fragrance is a full-on bouquet of swoon-worthy florals mixed with eco-harvested Sri Lankan sandalwood. The company’s practices are just a part of what we love about the classic, feminine scent.
Dramatic Brides: The dramatic bride is characterized by a certain boldness that comes along with a heaping dose of passion. These next few fragrances will complement the bride that has some serious va-va-VOOM in her signature style.
10. Viktor & Rolf Flowerbomb Eau de Parfum ($115): Meet one of our all-time faves: a jasmine, bergamot, musk and patchouli blend. The scent also boasts touches of orchids, roses and freesias, which give the perfume its bold and memorable name.
11. Balenciaga Paris Balenciaga Eau de Parfum ($115): Meet the world’s most sensual perfume. It begins with floral notes, including lavender and rose, but carries mossy, earthy undertones with hints of vetiver, cedarwood and patchouli.
Fairy-Tale-Chic Lovers: These picks are for the whimsical girl who can’t wait for her storybook ending. Her wedding will be a sentimental affair, with thought and heartfelt care put into every last detail of the day. (Photo via Style Me Pretty)
12. Chloe Eau de Perfume ($105): This is *hands down* the scent for romantic, elegant and heart-achingly beautiful nuptials. Let your delicate and dreamy side shine with a few spritzes of this powdery rose fragrance.
City Chicks: Obvs, the sassy and buzzing feel of the city you love should be part of your big day. Bring the high fashion class of your urban haven onto the scene with one of these endlessly fab scents.
13. Narcisco Rodriguez for Her Eau de Toilette ($80): This has been a cult favorite among the fashionable elite for ages. In other words, it’s a no-brainer for the It-girl bride to rock this sensual and subtly floral scent on her special day.
14. Valentino Valentina Eau de Parfum ($90): This fragrance wins the award for the prettiest bottle on our list. And the scent, featuring amber, wild strawberry and orange blossom, is just as striking.
Nostalgic Brides: If you’ve ever felt like you were born in the wrong era, don’t worry — we totally get where you’re coming from.
15. Yves Saint Laurent Parisienne ($39): This liberating scent includes sandalwood, rose and even hints of blackberry. It comes across as floral, woody and as mysterious as the picture-perfect Parisian bride.
16. Chanel No. 5 Eau Premiere Spray ($132) This iconic floral scent has become a symbol for femininity thanks to its luxurious floral simplicity. It’s a must-have for the elegant bride who’s almost too chic (but not quite).
Boho Brides: Calling all barefooted brides-to-be! These fragrances will pair spectacularly with the earthy-chic vibes of your big-day style.
17. Nest Indigo Eau de Parfum Spray ($72): Moroccan tea, Kashmir wood, botanicals and wild fig all blend together to make a scent as beautifully down-to-earth as you are. Bohemian brides’ free spirits will shine when anointed with this one-of-a-kind scent.
18. Dipthyque Paris Eau Rose Eau de Toilette Spray ($98): This damask rose masterpiece is infused with hints of bergamot and black currant, with hints of white musk and cedar. We can’t think of a smell that pairs more perfectly with a boho wedding scene.
What fragrance do you plan to wear on your wedding day? Tell us on Pinterest!
Brit + Co may at times use affiliate links to promote products sold by others, but always offers genuine editorial recommendations.