What Perfume You Should Buy According to Your New Year’s Resolution
Every year we make a resolution (or, for some of us, a few) for the year ahead. So it should come as no surprise that what you choose to resolve in 2017 says a ton about your personality. With that in mind, we figured that info could really come in handy when choosing something super personal and difficult to narrow down — perfume. Now, of course, you can sniff a million samples or figure out zodiac-inspired perfume blends — but why not let your resolution be your guide? Whether your goal is to make health a priority or get a new job, we’ve got the perfume to help you stick to — and dare we say, even slay — your 2017 resolution.
1. Be More Positive: Need a little extra pep in your step? PINROSE Merry Maker ($55) is like sunshine in a bottle. You can’t help but radiate happiness with this upbeat citrus, floral aroma.
2. Get Healthy: Studies show that the scent of green apple may actually reduce cravings for junk food. DKNY Be Delicious ($70) is a juice blend of fresh apples, cucumber, grapefruit, exotic flowers and sensual woodsy notes.
3. Read More: Can a scent really encourage you to read more? Yes, when that scent is Demeter Paperback 1 oz Cologne Spray ($20). It’s reminiscent of a trip to your favorite library or used bookstore — with musty notes (think the smell of aged paper) and hints of violets and potpourri.
4. Help the Planet: If your goal for 2017 is to be more eco-friendly, why not opt for a 100 percent natural fragrance? Pour Le Monde Together Eau de Parfum ($82) is vegan, cruelty-free, pregnancy-safe and the only prestige beauty company with the prestigious Natural Products Association seal.
5. Sleep More: A fragrance with notes of lavender and vanilla is shown to be calming to the senses and promotes overall relaxation. Try LAVANILA Vanilla Lavender Fragrance ($58) to encourage a little shut-eye this new year.
6. Get a New Job: Looking to change companies, or maybe just want to move up in your current organization? Try a crisp, oceanic scent, like Marc Jacobs Fragrances Splash: Rain ($62). It’s an ideal choice for a job interview or a big meeting.
7. Travel Somewhere New: Inspired by travels to faraway destinations, Pacifica Indian Coconut Nectar Spray Perfume ($22) is an exotic blend of coconut and vanilla that enlivens your passion for adventure and exploration. All that’s left to do is book your ticket.
8. Get Organized: Did you know certain scents can actually boost energy and productivity? This is especially true when it comes to citrus. If getting organized is your main focus for 2017, a bright citrus scent, like Fresh Hesperides Grapefruit ($50), is just the ticket.
Looking for more New Year’s motivation? Follow us on Pinterest!
Brit + Co may at times use affiliate links to promote products sold by others, but always offers genuine editorial recommendations.