These Are the Top Wedding Gift Trends for 2019, According to the Pros
We all know that a wedding registry isn’t complete without the classic kitchen items: dishes, a new KitchenAid mixer, and even some gadgets for your keto diet. But when it comes to making sure you and your true love are ahead of the curve for your new home, find out the products that will dominate registries in 2019, according to Jennifer Spector, director of brand at Zola and in-house wedding registry expert. Scroll on and get ready to hit that “add to registry” button.
1. Matte is really having a moment. Especially matte black, which is “everywhere from trendy restaurant dishes to chic hotel decor,” says Spector. “The Willow Park Emma collection is very popular, so is Fortessa Arezzo flatware in black.”
2. Air frying is huge. There’s a reason you’ve seen air frying recipes across your Pinterest feed. “We sold thousands of air-fryers in 2018 and even my mom just bought one,” says Spector. I mean, who can resist a healthy crisp potato? “They are so hot we now sell over 20 different air fryers on Zola, the most popular being the Dash Compact Air Fryer.”
3. Millennials love greenery. With popular Instagram accounts like @PlantsOnPink, it’s no wonder that greenery is gaining traction as a registry gift. Plus, Spector tells us, plants can cost a pretty penny, so they make a great gift. “I love anything by Bloomscape, like this beautiful Silver Bay Aglaonema Plant,” says Spector.
4. Charitable donations will be on the list. According to Spector, “On Zola, couples can register directly for Global Giving to give back to a range of causes from education to human rights. Couples will often create their own cash fund for a charitable cause. I’ve seen funds created for organizations like Planned Parenthood and the ACLU.”
5. Tech is here to stay. Tech-forward innovations are perfect for couples who are already living together and are looking for the gifts they wouldn’t necessarily buy for themselves. “We’ve seen couples registering for gadgets like a Petnet SmartFeeder, Google Home, and even the new Samsung Frame television,” she says.”
Which of these trends will you be taking with you into the new year? Tell us @BritandCo!
Brit + Co may at times use affiliate links to promote products sold by others, but always offers genuine editorial recommendations.
(Photos via Zola)