12 Wedding Guest Hairstyles to Wear at Any Venue
Wedding season (AKA the entire year) can be a little stressful, not just for the beautiful bride, but also for her guests. With all the planning and expenses, it can be hard to figure out how to show your personal style at the party. From elevated wedding guest basics to celeb-approved outfits, we’ve got you covered with the most trend-right ways to glam up for a night of nuptials — no matter if it’s black-tie or shoes-optional. We’ve rounded up the hottest (and most practical) hairstyles fit for a fete at any venue, so you can take your mind off your mane and focus on the cute couple.
1. Boho: Add a gypsy twist to a classic wedding ‘do. Leave a few strands loose in front and add an embellished headband to emphasize the bohemian vibes. Go with a flower crown if you’re feeling extra daring.
2. Cathedral: Go with soft waves for an understated feel that’s timeless and tasteful. Complete the look with low-key, natural-looking makeup in shades of pinks and neutrals.
3. Modern: Take a tip from model Kendall Jenner — play up the theme of a modern wedding with a slicked-back style that says “I just stepped off the runway.” Have fun whipping that ponytail back and forth when you rock the dance floor.
4. Warehouse: A warehouse wedding is going to be a little bit hipster, a little bit modern. Strike a balance and find the best of both worlds with beachy, slightly messy waves and a deep side part.
5. Outdoor: You never know what the weather’s going to do, so go for a look that can adjust to wind, humidity or, worst-case scenario, rain. A Princess Jasmine-esque braid does the trick.
6. Beach: Let the salt water do the styling by letting your hair go natural seaside. YouTuber Lisette cornrowed one side to spice up the look.
7. Castle: A twisted updo screams princess status. Channel Rosie Huntington-Whiteley and keep it simple with jewelry and makeup so the focus is on your intricate ‘do. Have fun at the ball, Cinderella.
8. Mansion: Go Old Hollywood for a lavish mansion wedding. Take a note from YouTuber Jaleesa Moses and curl your fringe under, then pin your hair to one side and add a red lip for a look that says “I partied with Gatsby.”
9. Black Tie: Borrow Zendaya’s red carpet look for a black tie affair. Keep those romantic, soft waves, but part your hair in the middle to up the ante.
10. Mountaintop: Our girl Becca Tilley has this look down. For the creekside mountaintop wedding of our Pinterest fantasies, try a half-up style with braids for a laid-back feeling.
11. Barn: Throw on some cowgirl boots, because you’re headed to a rustic-meets-romantic setting. Take another cue from former Bachelor contestant Becca Tilley by sporting a wedding-ready romper and a fishtail side braid.
12. Vineyard: Leave your hair natural and put it up into a loose puff to let your ringlets shine. Add a bold lip like Jaleesa Moses’s ruby red pout to class up the look.
Want more wedding guest inspo? Follow us on Pinterest!