30 Modern Wedding Registry Must-Haves for 2016
Spring wedding season is approaching fast, and if you’re one of the lucky spring brides of 2016, you’ve likely checked spring wedding centerpieces and wedding cocktails off your to-do list. Now it’s time to get shopping for kitchen goodies, textiles and tools to help kick off your marriage. Having trouble deciding (or maybe just agreeing on) what to add to your list? Let us help: We’ve found a few items that you and your main squeeze are sure to love. Whether your couple style is boho, modern or somewhere in between, here are 30 registry must-haves to add to your wedding registry.
1. Non-Matching Plate Sets: Mix things up in your tablescape world by registering for a not-so-matchy plate set. They’re perfect for couples who like a little variety with their dinner, and pair easily with solid dishes to create a cohesive set. This As a Matter of First Course Plate Set ($50 for a set of four) would be a welcome (and bright!) addition to any dinner table.
2. Chic Planters: There’s nothing quite like adding a metallic accent to your home to instantly step up your decor game. Master the modern aesthetic with this Mod Metal Planter ($10) to add subtle gold pops and a whole lotta class.
3. Colorful Kitchen Utensils: This colorful array of Wooden Neon Mixing Spoons by Wind & Willow ($32, set of three) is hand-dipped in food-safe synthetic rubber, so they’re non-slip. Pretty and practical makes for a definite kitchen win.
4. Bluetooth Speaker: Now that you’re hitched, it’s time to turn up that music and have a dance party in the kitchen (or backyard)! This Outdoor Tech Turtle Shell 2.0 Bluetooth Speaker ($99) will fit the bill nicely. Built with a durable and water-resistant exterior, this speaker also features Bluetooth and a microphone for taking calls.
5. Personalized Kitchen Tools: Personalized wedding presents are seriously trending. This Custom Maple Flag Cutting Board by AHeirloom ($38) is the perfect wedding gift. Use it when you chop those veggies, and hang it up for easy decor when it’s not in use. Your guests can choose from a variety of engraving options (letters, date, shape) to add a more personal touch than a traditional registry purchase.
6. Copper Kitchen Tools: Give your kitchen staples a stylishly refined upgrade with some copper action. These Russet Measuring Cups ($28) are just what you and your boo need to feel a little fancier when cooking. You could even pair it with a few copper mixing bowls to really take it to the next level.
7. Coffee Gadgets: Imagine waking up to the smell of freshly brewed coffee at home. No more having to stop by a cafe before work, waiting in line and spending $$. Thanks to the slow drip method in the Gabe Hertz + Andy Clark Cold Brew Coffee Maker ($80), you can brew up to 20 ounces of smooth and naturally sweet coffee without the acidic bitterness that’s common with full immersion cold brewing.
8. Modern Traditional Pieces: It’s time to add some non-traditional vibes to those more traditional pieces. These uniquely shaped Etch Studio Polygon Napkin Rings ($32) are just the thing to make it happen. The natural wood will add an earthy element to your tablescape, and fits well with any color scheme.
9. Marquee Monogram: Can’t get enough of seeing your initials together? Bring this lovely sight into your home as a set of Letter Marquee Lights ($39). It’s a practical and pretty gift you will both appreciate.
10. Legit Cutlery: Those carrots and onions aren’t going to chop themselves! A nice set of cutlery, like this one from Chicago Cutlery Insignia Cafe ($250 for an 18-piece set), covers all your slicing + dicing needs for prepping, serving and dining.
11. Glass Tupperware: It’s time to toss out that sad, decade-old plastic tupperware. This super useful Pyrex 10-Pc. Simply Store Set With Colored Lids ($40) has BPA-free, dishwasher-safe plastic lids, so cleanup will be a breeze.
12. Standing Mixer: Take advantage of your wedding registry with a splurge-worthy item you’ve been coveting. Your friends probably won’t mind splitting the cost to get you this KitchenAid Artisan Stand Mixer KSM150 ($350) that’s sure to revolutionize your culinary experience. Plus, they’ll directly benefit from all those dinner parties.
13. Toaster Oven: If you and boo aren’t big on cooking just yet, a kitchen appliance like a compact toaster oven is the best alternative to using an oven. The Cuisinart Rotisserie Convection Toaster Oven ($200) has a stainless steel design that will keep your kitchen looking upscale and spotless, and its 1875 watts ensures your food is cooked just right.
14. Adventure-Seeking Gadgets: What better way to capture those adventures on your honeymoon than with a little video action? The GoPro Hero ($130) has high-quality 1080p video capabilities that guarantee stellar footage for all your rendezvous. That way you can relive those memories for years to come.
15. Camping Essentials: If you’re the kind of couple that loves the great outdoors, a tent is a no-brainer. This spacious Coleman Namakan Fast Pitch 7-Person Dome Tent With Annex ($140) is built to fit seven, making it a must-have for joint camping trips or just for a little extra space.
16. Pickling + Preserving Kits: It’s all about throwing it back in the kitchen these days. Now you can finally try your hand at pickling with this Saffron + Kumquats Homemade Pickles Kit ($16) that includes pickle seasoning, recipes and a 16-ounce Kerr canning jar. With enough to make 5+ batches, you’ll be a pickle pro in no time!
17. Grown-Up Bart Cart: Tell your wedding party to go in together for a stylish bar cart. The lucite and brass on the Oscarine Lucite Bar Cart ($698) will make a wonderful addition to your home decor, and your guests will LOVE the fully stocked bar when they visit.
18. Modern Accent Chair: Functional and sophisticated, a modern lounge chair will bring an element of refined design into your home. The bright yellow pop of color on this Bends Goods Bunny Lounge Chair ($480) makes for a sunny + stylish addition to any home.
19. Statement Lighting: You can take any room to the next level with some statement lighting. Available in brass and copper, these modern-chic Aura Lights ($375+) combine forces for a simple yet statement-worthy look. The bold designs will fit in seamlessly with your modern home aesthetic.
20. Gilded Bar Tools: Accessories aren’t just for your jewelry case. This Roll Bottle Opener ($35) looks seriously chic and will spruce up any car bar cart. Your list of bar essentials just keeps getting better!
21. Brewing Kits: YAS. You two have always wanted to try brewing your own beer, and now you can! In under 60 minutes, you and your bae will emerge nothing short of beer aficionados with this Beer Brewing Online Class and Kit ($50).
22. Fancy Flatware: Make every meal a little more special with some fancy utensils. This five-piece Matte Gold Flatware Set ($98) is brushed with 24k gold and will add a little glam to your dinner table. They’ll also make for some Insta-worthy food pics.
23. Enamel Cookware: Brightly colored enamel pots and pans are an absolute must. Available in two-quart and four-quart sizes and either red or mint, this selection of Dansk Kobenstyle Cookware ($85) is everything you need for cooking and brightening up your stovetop.
24. Colorful Napkins: Defy usual textile conventions and go for some bold + beautiful color. The colorful array of rainbow stripes on these Pink and Yellow Stripey Cocktail Napkins ($16) will add just the right amount of oomph to any BBQ or dinner party. Your guests will love the unexpected way it spices up their place setting.
25. Statement Rug: Floors need love too! Brighten up the spot in front of your kitchen sink with this handmade Geometric Area Floor Rug ($45+) and dishes won’t feel like a chore anymore.
26. Minimalist Mugs: Totally digging minimalistic designs, especially when they’re on tableware? The stylized Leif Cup ($5) will make sipping your coffee and tea feel even more special.
27. Stylish Salt + Pepper Shakers: When in doubt, choose copper. These Cylinder Shakers ($70) fulfill both food and decor purposes. Pair with a sleek set of plates for an uber-modern tablescape.
28. Smart Trash Bin: Garbage doesn’t have to be unattractive with a sleek (and smart!) waste bin. The Norm Architects Menu Pedal Waste Bin ($225) pedal-controlled lid keeps your waste hygienically out of sight so you don’t have to touch anything.
29. Online DIY Class: The couple that DIYs together stays together. If you’re looking to add some green to your home, sign up for our Succulent Gardening Online Class ($19). In just 35 minutes, you’ll feel more confident in understanding the aesthetic effects of different arrangements, how to build your box of succulents and how to properly care for your plants.
30. Cocktail Shaker: No bar is complete without a cute cocktail shaker, muddler and jigger. Good thing this W&P Mason Shaker Gift Set ($50) comes with all three! These essentials are a wedding registry must-have since they’re sure to come in handy for all all those parties you plan to host.
Which of these items are on your wedding registry? Tweet us and follow @BritandCo for more wedding must-haves!