5 Dreamy Wellness Retreats That’ll Leave You Feeling Refreshed and Relaxed
Crossing items off your to-do list can bring a certain sense of satisfaction, but there’s nothing quite like a retreat or weekend getaway after hitting a big deadline. Instead of derailing your good habits with all-inclusive eats and rounds of cocktails while you’re there, give yourself some R&R by traveling to a healthy hotspot. Our friends at HotelTonight gave us the rundown on five under-the-radar places that’ll leave you with a whole new sense of wellness as you head back into your work week.
1. Solage, Calistoga, California: Did you recently land a promotion or earn a raise? If so, it might be time to treat yourself to this award-winning resort known for its amazing amenities. “Solage offers their own luxe twist with onsite healing geothermal pools and their signature ‘mudslide’ treatment,” the HotelTonight team says. “Plus, complimentary bicycles and on-site yoga make daily workouts something to look forward to.” While the place itself sounds dreamy, so is the drive to get there. Situated two hours from San Francisco, it’ll wind you through wine country or along the picturesque coast.
2. Eden Roc, Miami Beach, Florida: Miami might seem like a party city, but there’s more relaxation involved than you’d think. “Eden Roc, which is right on the beach, has a state-of-the-art spa that’s fully centered around Hydrotherapy, and there are no less than four (adult only) pools,” the HotelTonight Team explains. “Even the spa has floor to ceiling views of the glistening turquoise water, while Nobu and Malibu (both on the property) offer light and fresh food.” As if that wasn’t enough, this healthy hotel has plenty of glam decor to make it feel like you’re living in real luxury.
3. Fairmont Miramar Hotel & Bungalows, Santa Monica, California: This wellness haven might technically be in Los Angeles, but it feels far removed from the busy city. “The Fairmont Miramar is an exquisite compound in Santa Monica — guests can tap into the local fitness culture by booking a session with a trainer on staff or even by enrolling in a class at the onsite Exhale Spa,” the HotelTonight Team says. If sweating your booty off isn’t your thing, you can also spend time at the pool or spa and take advantage of their energy therapies. Either way, it’s a relaxation win-win.
4. The Gainsborough Bath and Spa, Bath, United Kingdom: This isn’t Italy, but you can live like a Roman in this bath-focused hotel. “Inspired by ancient Roman baths, this relaxing retreat is known for the Spa Village Bath — it features a circuit of pools and saunas, taps into the original thermal springs, and boasts an aromatherapy bar built on British tradition,” the HotelTonight team shares. Using Instagram as a solid indicator, the food (prepared by signature chef Dan Moon) is nutritious and beautiful too.
5. B2 Boutique Hotel and Spa, Zurich, Switzerland: Reach a new level of relaxation by immersing yourself in a dreamy world of water and whirlpools. At this hotel and spa, you’ll have everything you need to stay at aquatic ease. “Guests love the jaw-dropping architecture and thermal hot spring here, which is built in a renovated brewery built over an ancient water source below the bustling city of Zurich,” the HotelTonight Team says. Naturally, there’s also an emerald bath, meditation bath, and steam bath onsite — in addition to a rooftop infinity pool. Bucket list worthy? We sure think so.
Which wellness-focused hotels are your favorite? Tag us in your pics on Instagram so we can add ’em to our list!
(Photos via HotelTonight)