Go for the Gold with White Russian Cake Pops
- 1 box vanilla cake mix
- 3 eggs
- ¾ cup water
- ⅓ cup vegetable oil
- ¼ cup plus ⅓ cup Kahlua
- ¼ cup vodka
- 2 12-ounce tubs vanilla frosting
- 2 12-ounce packages white candy melts
- edible gold stars
– lollipop sticks
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Spray two 8-inch round cake pans with nonstick cooking spray.
2. Mix together cake mix, water, eggs, oil, Kahlua, and vodka. Whisk to combine. Pour into pans. Bake for 25 minutes. Let cool.
3. In a separate bowl, combine the vanilla frosting with 1/3 cup Kahlua. Crumble cake into a large bowl. Add frosting to crumbled cake. Mix together.
4. Roll mixture into small balls and place on a cookie sheet lined with wax paper. Put the cake in the freezer for 20-30 minutes.
5. Remove the cake from the freezer. Microwave the candy melts in 30-second intervals until completely melted. Dip the tops of the lollipop sticks in the candy coating and insert into your cake pops. Let set.
6. Gently roll the cake pops in the candy coating. Sprinkle with edible gold stars. Let set for 10 minutes, or until firm. Enjoy!
So sparkly! These cake pops are guaranteed to shine at your Olympics party. Our kit designer, Lee, and our senior editor, Lisa, stepped in to be our official taste testers. Thanks, guys!
Three cheers for the Olympic Games!
This article has been updated from a previous post.