If you’ve been on Pinterest lately, you may have noticed the mushroom-colored decor trend taking over your feed. Because the hue pairs well with just about *anything,* the earthy shade has limitless possibilities in your home. Mushroom makes it easy to upgrade your Scandi taste on cabinets or walls, or to bring a hint of neutral color in with an ornate backsplash. The tones are so versatile, you really can’t go wrong adding it to your existing palette. Scroll down for inspo on how to incorporate neutral mushroom hues into your own home.
1. Clean Cabinets: Mushroom is the perfect color to refresh your cabinets, since it complements most surfaces and won’t easily show wear. Plus, it’s muted enough to stay in style for years to come. (via deVOL)
2. Fit and Trim: Redo your room without *really* redoing your room. Adding mushroom trim in your living area is an easy way to update a stale space, without backing a big budget behind it. (via Harper’s BAZAAR)
3. Bring in the Backsplash: Enhance your cooking space with a backsplash in this natural color. (via Hopewell)
4. Mud Room: Add some sophistication to where you host your kicks. (via Country Living)
5. Roll Out the Rug: The perfect blend of functional and stylish, a rug in mushroom tones flatters any room. Talk about one easy decorating upgrade. (via Overstock)
6. Bathroom Bliss: The subtle shade used in both the tiling and trim achieves a relaxing retreat — even if it is just for a few minutes. (via Home Bunch)
7. Let It Grow: Play up the earthiness of the color by pairing it with indoor greenery. (via Fresh Mommy Blog)
8. Tile Style: Create contrast in your kitchen by installing patterned tiles in a mushroom color palette. (via House & Home)
9. Upgrade the Kitchen Sink: Create an intimate kitchen space with a coat or two of mushroom paint. When used in a central point — like around the sink — the tone invites natural light and inspires a rustic look. Now if only dish duty could be just as easy… (via Sustainable Kitchens)
10. Elevated Wash Room: Revamp smaller spaces in your home with a fresh coat of mushroom-toned paint. (via Centsational Girl)
Looking for more ways to update your space in the latest trends? Follow us on Pinterest!
Brit + Co may at times use affiliate links to promote products sold by others, but always offers genuine editorial recommendations.