It’s time to face the music: Winter is coming. Rather than lament the end of summer ’til Santa comes to town, why not embrace the chill in the air? With colder temps comes permission to rock great outerwear (hello, capes), make all the crockpot recipes and change up your gallery wall with pretty prints to welcome winter. These are our favorite picks to replace that pineapple and flamingo motif — just until spring, of course.
1. Jeannie Helzer X UO Good Good Thing Wall Hanging ($200): This texturally gorgeous, fall-colored weaving is EVERYTHING. Be sure to make this a focal point in your living room once things cool down.
3. Fawn Print ($17): This mini print of a mini deer makes a big statement. If you find a better piece of wall art to fawn over (lol), please let us know.
4. Cardboard DIY Deer ($30): No need for taxidermy here. Go cruelty-free with this kit that’ll help you make a big ol’ rustic statement in the best way.
5. Central Park Poster ($27 on sale): If winter conjures up images of a snowy Rockefeller Center and carriage rides in Central Park, this print needs to make its way into your life. Be sure to have this up before your annual screening of Miracle on 34th Street.
6. Monday Blues Print ($20+): Get with the moody color palette that Mother Nature favors come the colder months. This abstract print is the perfect combination of soothing and intriguing.
7. Gold Foil Tapestry ($49): Can’t help but think of Christmas trees once you break out your parka? Amp up your homage to the Balsam fir with this trendy, gold-hued tapestry.
8. Sagittarius Foil-Stamped Wall Art ($31+): Sags, it’s just about your season. Align yourself with the stars, and align this print with your mainstay pieces of home decor.
9. Dip Dyed Hanging Wall Art Kit ($24): Take a chilly day in and turn it into a crafternoon with this dip-dyed kit. The dyed strands are reminiscent of icicles, rendering them totally on point as a wreath alternative for the front door.
10. Technicolor Mountains Print ($19+): This is what mountains would look like always if the aesthetics of Wes Anderson and Dr. Seuss had a baby. And it’s what your walls need.
12. I Was Cold Print ($5): Truthbomb: Constant blizzards bring out our worst selves. Keep this sign around for moments that can benefit from a sense of humor.
13. Ski Prints ($47, set of four): Make the whole house cohesive by adding these basic but chic word prints to your little one’s bedroom. Snowy weather activities, FTW!
14. Mountains Print ($22+): Take your quintessential snowy mountain motif and turn it on its head. The use of muted colors keeps this seasonally appropriate, but the whimsy in this drawing makes winter just a little less drab.
15. More Tea Print ($35): Don’t forget to be cozy. The main reason for the season is snuggling up and sipping something warm, after all.
What’s your favorite piece of cold-weather home decor? Tell us in the comments!