It’s a Plaid, Plaid World: 27 Ways to Rock the Trend This Fall
A sure sign of fall? Tons of plaid returning to the racks at your favorite stores. Just like nautical stripes in the spring, it’s a trend that comes back year after year. To get you ready for the cooler temps we’ve found our 27 favorite ways to incorporate plaid into both your wardrobe and your home. Take a look and then tell us your favorite way to rock plaid in the comments!
1. Schoolboy Blazer in English Tweed ($238): You can’t go wrong with a blazer for fall, and this tweed one does not disappoint. We love the subtle colors that read as gray from a distance.
2. Ralph Lauren Short-Sleeve Plaid Turtleneck ($85): Another trend we can’t get enough of this fall? Turtlenecks! Be prepared to see them everywhere. This short sleeve plaid variation can be worn now as-is and under a blazer as temperatures drop.
3. Plaid Sweater Skirt ($68): The muted tones of this skirt mean you can wear a bright color on top. You might even be able to pull off mixing it with another pattern.
4. Long Sleeve Plaid Suede-Patch Shirtdress ($129): A stylish shirt dress is a must-have for every woman. This navy plaid version is an instant classic. You’ll be wearing this all fall long.
5. Boy Shirt in Green Plaid ($88): This colorful button down is one of our favorites! It strays from the traditional color palette with brighter hues. It’s the perfect transition from summer to fall.
6. Madison Mini, Plaid $99): If you’re looking for a go-to skirt for fall, this navy and forest checked mini is it! It works with tights and booties or bare legs and ballet flats while it’s still nice out.
7. Dillon Trench Coat $130): Coats are everywhere this season and we love how this trench has a subtle plaid placket over the shoulders. We don’t think it makes the coat any warmer, but it certainly makes it more stylish.
8. No Way Plaid Shirt ($36): What looks like a basic plaid shirt with a leather collar turns out to have a sexy open back. Would you be daring enough to wear this?
9. Lagence Pants ($385): Plaid pants can go to “golfer from the 1970s” territory really quickly. But these slim leg, glen plaid trousers are a hole in one.
11. Mesh Plaid Tablet Case ($78): Keep your tablet snug in style with this classic red plaid case.
12. Marni Plaid Flannel Loafers ($245): These chunky heeled loafers definitely make a statement! We love the solid red and black combo.
13. Plaid Tights ($8): Who says you can’t mix navy and black? These plaid tights are the perfect way to combine the two neutrals.
14. Check Panel Rainboots ($295): What can we say, Burberry plaid is always a good idea. The classic pattern makes these rain boots something you’ll actually want to wear.
15. Bold Plaid Flats ($17): Plaid ballet flats? Sign.us.up! We’ll be wearing these stylish skimmers all season. Adorable-town.
16. Hair Clips ($2): This plaid hair bow comes with a polka dotted companion, and you know we’ll always say yes to polka dots.
17. Satchel with Tartan Pocket ($220): This is the ultimate fall bag. A classic satchel (from Cambridge, no less) with a tartan plaid pocket–it’s like something straight out of Heathers.
18. Day Dreaming Plaid Loafers ($185): What could be better than a pair of comfy, stylish slip-ons? These loafers will go with everything from jeans and a sweater to your favorite fall LBD.
19. Smartphone Wallet ($40): This plaid and leather wallet keeps your iPhone secure. Plus, it has slots for your credit card and ID.
21. Cotton Apron Grainery Plaid ($24): You can even bring the plaid trend into your kitchen with this blue and natural apron. We’re hoping the pattern will also help mask spills!
22. Black & White Bone Box ($39): Stash jewelry on your night table in this black and white box. It is perfect for keeping your watch and earrings safe and sound while you sleep.
23. Plaid Hendrik Footstool ($70): This cozy foot stool would be perfect in a library. Pair it with a solid color reading chair, grab a good book, and you might never leave. We might have to take a DIY stab at something similar…
24. Plaid Tray ($9): Black and white makes this plaid design work for any kind of decor. It would feel right at home on an entry table to catch your keys and your mail.
25. Ironing Board Covers ($19): An on-trend laundry room? Check! Er, I mean… plaid!
26. Eco-Wise Wool Easy Care Blanket ($208): Nothing says plaid like a Pendleton wool blanket. The colors and variations are seemingly endless! We adore these.
27. Peabody Plaid Pillow ($30): This feather down pillow will add a fall feel to your couch. We especially love the wine red and pumpkin hues.
What’s your favorite way to wear plaid? How are you decking out your home this fall? Tell us in the comments!